O/T Found a kid near death

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

What a feeling you must have both felt at that moment when you found him!! Way to go!!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
M&M

Post by M&M »

country you were on a mission from God and didn't even know it yet, but fortunatly you were in the right place at the right time to save that kids life. I believe that God uses us a lot more than we realize. good job country M&M
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Good for you Country, what a tremendous feeling of saving someone's life. I've always dreamt of doing such a thing. Hypothemia can do funny things, I'd say he was almost to the point of no return. Your definetly his hero, and mine. Good on ya.

Grey Owl
Masterhunter

Post by Masterhunter »

I can't imagine the young man lasting much longer without being rescued. Thanks for respondng to his cry for help and not just minding your own business as he never would have made it through such a cold winter night. Your the man!!
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

Truely said Country "You the Man". Job well done :wink:
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Why to go country, I'm glad that the young fellow did not have to pay with his life for trying to take a short cut home. Just goes to show you what at the time seemed like a good decision can quickly go so wrong, thank god you were about.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
saxman

Post by saxman »

GOD put you right where he needed you my friend.
Way to go brother,you are a hero.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
rutman

Post by rutman »

:shock: That is the best reward you could ever get for an outdoor excursion. Congratulations!. Please keep us updated as to the condition of the boy.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Cedrus

Post by Cedrus »

Wow!! You da man!! Your community should recognize you as a true hero. :idea:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ht=#142323

Any other fantastical stories for us???
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Wow ! .... good thing you happend along ! ... cudo's for helping out like that !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Country

Post by Country »

Thank you all for your kind words. I am not a hero though. A hero is someone who I would say - rushes into a burning building to save the baby thus risking his own personal safety. I didn't do anything like that. A good Samaritan maybe but I didn't do anything more then any of the rest of you would have done under the cicumstances. I agree with some of you on the devine province thing. Why of all nights did I end up where I did to find him? I was really out there to test these slip on ice creeper things I got for Xmas. They worked great and I could even run in them. I didn't think of it till later as I've been backpacking, hiking or whatever for a long time and the dark woods doesn't phaze me in the least. I think the boy was afraid of the dark. I took another look this weekend at the scene to try an imagine what was going through the kids mind. It looked very forboding. The snow cover cast an ominous light on the scene. Dense woods, dark shadows, cold, wind blowing, no sense of direction. I think he was in deep panic which got much worse once the sun went down. The lost shoe kind of tells me that at some point he was probably running. I never thought at the time to ask him his name so I don't know who he is and the hospital wouldn't release any information and besides - that was a different shift that handled that. My guess is they woke him up and wrapped him in blankets until his parents came and got him. I do think he had problems with the one foot. I guess the lesson here for all of us is to not panic in a dire situation, it only makes things worse.
Cedrus

Post by Cedrus »

Country wrote:I guess the lesson here for all of us is to not panic in a dire situation, it only makes things worse.
Yup,,.....in addition, possibly cutting down on crack would be a good idea as well. :idea:
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

country as said , the Lord is with you and the young boy has an angle, you are blessed and he is alive because of you.