HELP - Who to contact about problem?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

TYE wrote:
Stash wrote:You haven't said what exactly happened... :?:

Did the bow dry-fire, as in did you accidentally pull the trigger without an arrow?

If not, did it just go off by itself? I sure wouldn't want to think that might be possible.

Or did the string itself break? If the last, can you post a pic of the damaged string, or at lease describe where it broke?
No the string didn't break. I think what happened was my jacket must have popped the safety off when I was holding the bow between my armpit while I turned the speed ring. I think my trigger finger was still inside the trigger guard and it must have set off the trigger.

I did not have a bolt loaded yet.

I was just turning the speed ring and then KABOOM. Whack in the face from the string, and I just said to myself, "OH....crap!"

Then I said a few other words I don't wanna share, and kicked the deck. Then felt like an idiot. :oops: and thought, what the hell do I do now?
And Bill T. will tell you honesty is also the best policy, and will take care of your xbow TYE. Things happen even when you do your best to do things proper. PROUD of ya! to see you told it like it happened .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Savagevervet

Post by Savagevervet »

TYE -

Accidents happen to the best of us. Glad you weren't hurt. The way that string must've whipped back at you I'm surprised you DIDN'T have a heart attack!

Savagevervet
TYE

Post by TYE »

Thanks Adam and Gary :)

I pride myself as being a person who never lies. I learned my lesson with a girlfriend once when I was younger, about lieing. I've been the most honest and true person you'll ever meet.

Now that I've embarassed myself, I think I may start using dacron strings again. :lol: :oops: JUST TO BE SAFE. :lol: :lol:
NZ Hunter

Post by NZ Hunter »

I had a dry fire last year, told it like it was and was helped out big time by the team at Excalibur. The truth is allways better that been bitten in the but by lies. Good one Tye.
If it feels good, DO IT.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I dryfired mine last year by mistake. Cocked the bow and set it back down to check something. Forgot to load the bolt and wham :roll: Called xcal and got Peter on the phone. He had me ship the limbs out to Dan Miller and he had thm back to me in 3 days tops. I felt like a idiot doing it and im glad excal helps idiots out LOL

sooner or later its gonna happen to us all.. it only takes a split second to sidetrack our mind and forget to load that bolt.

like griz said, im glad you admitted to it. Most would make up some excuse to why it happened :D
TYE

Post by TYE »

This is why I chose an Excalibur in the first place, because I heard such awesome things about their customer service. AND the fact that Excalibur is Canadian :wink:

Put the scope on the Vixen for now. :oops: Couple clicks vertical and horizontal and WALLAH, good thing I didn't shoot my second bolt at the same dot, or it would have been a robin hood. :shock: :D