What some will do for corn feed deer......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

It's not me ! :lol: :lol: :lol: , I :lol: my butt off when I read it and figured you guys would enjoy the read.
The closiest I came to deer have been, saving a very young fawn from being hit by cars and delivering it back over the fence where the mother was waiting for it. I have smacked a few deer on the snout when ground hunting and the best was crawling into a thicket to dispatch a big 9 point, that was a fight ! he through me about 5' and I was back on him with my knife.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

mdcrossbow wrote: The closiest I came to deer have been, saving a very young fawn from being hit by cars and delivering it back over the fence where the mother was waiting for it.

I have smacked a few deer on the snout when ground hunting and

the best was crawling into a thicket to dispatch a big 9 point, that was a fight ! he through me about 5' and I was back on him with my knife.
It just gets deeper and deeper.............. :lol: you need to change your name to Daniel Boone...[/quote]
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

no dought :D Maybe I ran with him in my former life. I did F&I re-inacting for about 15 years and loved the mistique of the time. Just the smells of the morning fires and the mist looming over the camp in a late fall morning in camp was enough to draw me back year after year. Untill I became so busy at work I could get away for the trips.
wallymax

Post by wallymax »

That was way too funny. Really.

In western Canada (Manitoba/Saskatchewan) where I grew up its pretty cold in November. The idea is to gut your deer as quick as possible to clean it before evrything freezes. Mostly so your hands are warm enough at the end so that when you wash them in the snow and jam them into your gloves, the feeling will return.

My father got behind a deer that wasn't quite dead and got both hind hoofs in the chest. He said when he got his wind back he was so mad he crawled up and stabbed it in the chest.
TNXBow

Post by TNXBow »

That is an all time classic story. Thanks for taking the time to share it.
Greylag

Post by Greylag »

mdcrossbow, I've got to admit that really gave me a good chuckle.
I'm not sure if that is true or not, but I'm pretty sure that would have happened if you had tried to do that to a wild deer.
Wishing all of you the wind at your back,
Good friends by your side,
and a lifetime of adventures ahead.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Grey, it seems so far out their that I dought it is made up. Sounds like something I may have tried in one of my brain dead moments.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the guy should have more common sense.. he has cattle and he should know the fight a lil calf can put up. But his stupidness makes for a good laugh :D

I know I got the crap butted out of my by a doe that was crippled. Now I know why some hunters shoot the deer again at close range instead of using a knife lol
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

Reminds me of a stupid trick I pulled when I was a kid fishing in a large lake in Tennessee. We saw a nice buck swimming from one island to another and being kids we decided to lasso him and let him pull us to the bank before we killed him with a knife. As we pulled up along side of the buck we tied the anchor rope to his horns and tied the other end to the bow cleat. Everything went fine until he hit the bank of the nearby island and with one jump he pulled the bow completely off the boat! The last thing I saw of the buck he was running through the woods dragging the bow behind him. After looking around I found the busted bow and broken rope wedged between two trees about 50 yards from where we were beached. So there we were...stranded on an unhabited island with no means to call for help or anything. We had to spend a cold November night and it was most of the next day before we were able to flag a boater over to rescue us.
My Lesson learned!!!!!!!

Jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.