GPS <which one to buy>

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

A.W . Is garmin 60 better for a guy like me?,is it easier to use?
A.W

Post by A.W »

taureau noir wrote:A.W . Is garmin 60 better for a guy like me?,is it easier to use?
I'm not familiar with all the models. I have the E-Trex Legend and like I said. I't's a prett good unit and you can get by using just the basics.

You can buy one just now for under 200.

The best way to get used to one is to use it around town or where ever. Just practice.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Hey Pokynojoe

It sounds to me like you really want a hand held GPS LOL I'll list my "like new" Magellan MAP330 on the trading post in the next few days for a "price you can't refuse". They are great for marking spots that you've been and want to return to. When I went bear hunting in Maine two years ago, the guide took me down several logging roads about 20 miles with many, many turns. On our way out he left branches in the road etc. so I could find my way back to the bait site. He asked me if I could find my way back and I just grinned and showed him my Magellan. Just followed the track back. Gives you lots of information. Yes if you feel good with a conventional compass my gosh by all means wear it, but I'm afraid that once you turn on a GPS you won't need the compass much.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan