New crossbow....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm just going over it now... From what I can tell Grizz's translation is pretty accurate.

The adustable "length of pull" is actually: the grips (see the photo) are adjustable to make for a better fit/comfort when mounting (to shoulder) and better ability to fire/pull trigger leading to greater accuracy....

(Germans are masters of run-on sentences! LOL)

...as well as very reliable and low-maintenance (with provided dampers/absorbers).

This crossbow used with our scope, level, and bipod with a chosen (particular?) arrow, and a lack of wind, can hit a soccer ball at 130 meters and can be adjusted for the whole length/distance.

The completely black version is one of 3 limited special editions (selling to "first come first served" as long as the supply lasts).

Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

From what I can tell, it looks like the scope is a holographic and probably preset for distances with a particular arrow? I am just guessing here. I am interested so if anyone has contacts and particulars, please advise me ! :D
TPM

Post by TPM »

I bet the spirit level system is some sort of scope lift

Spirit levels were, and to some extent still are, very popular on long range rifles. They're basically a small bubble level, much like you would find in a carpenders level, placed under or beside the front sight. It basically tells you if you have any side to side canting of the gun or, in this case, the crossbow. You can see it in the picture on the left side of the riser.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Swede

Post by Swede »

I am a personal friend of Mr.Wetzler and I can only say the same as Matthias72. Mr. Wetzler knows what he is doing and with that adjustable mount of his you can shoot very far. Not only far but accurate too. I am useing it on my crossbows. I will probably buy this crossbow becasue its very easy to transport. I often ride my motorcycle and this gives me the possibility to transport the crossbow on my back. :D I also see the advantage when I am hiking.
Swede

Post by Swede »

I can see that some wondering about arrows. You should always chose your arrows carefully. You should shoot the arrows and see which arrows flies the same. If you wish to read some good information about arrows you should read Matthias72 website (arrow tests). www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:shock: I have been watching this thred for a while now , along with MATTHIS72 post on noice reduction . He stated that he uses this mount
made by MR. Wetzler . I for one would like more information on this mount and his designs . Some photos would be great ??
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Swede

Post by Swede »

Greywolf... here is a thread where I show my mount. But there is an upgraded mount now that I will soon buy. I use this kind of mount on both my Vixen and Exomax. Its not very cheap but it takes crossbow shooting to another level.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... highlight=
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

Ok, pardon my ignorance, but how would you gauge the turns on the dial for trajectory? Is it possible to have preset marks? For instance, after shooting 40 yards and then targeting a 100 yard object, how would you know how much to compensate for on the mount?
Swede

Post by Swede »

You have to test shoot it at different distances and then do marks on the wheel. Then you can be ready to shoot at different distances very rapidly.
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

I see. I guess I was imagining having to rotate the dial numerous times.
Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

On my Exomax 1 turn allows a distance changing between 10 and 80 yards.
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Meopta Artemis 2000 3-12x50
Wolfszeit adjustable scope mount
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
Swede

Post by Swede »

Now there are better pictures of the Survival.

http://www.excaliburcrossbowseurope.com ... VIVA-49985
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

This thing looks very good! When is someone going to buy one ;)
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

I just realized that its amount in USD is like $1,900 ! ! !