Bush or Field edge

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

cubb wrote: This bush is very thick as well, very hard to see anything right now with the leaves on
the deer think the same way;) the thicker the better for them since they can hide. Espically the big old bucks.. Eevery decent buck ive killed one a field has been so close to dark you can just barely see. But most of the bucks I kill in the woods are a good 30mins or more before sunset so you get a much better shot chance in goodlight. I just like close shots.. Having a huge buck at 7 yards with a bow is a rush LOL.. on field edges I always see them 150-300 yards off and I just get mad cause I can see the deer but im to far to do anything :lol:
cubb

Post by cubb »

Yes i know how you feel. I think i will put this stand in the bush, that way i have both, one stand in bush one stand along field edges. It'll be somthing new for me too, and i'm pretty sure it will work out good either way. There is some great info in this thread.
cubb

Post by cubb »

Went out last night, moved a couple stand around, saw some huge tracks in the field where we want to set a stand up.
kevin

Post by kevin »

I hunt both. Usually the edges of fields in morning hunts, woods in the evening.

I just ran some sewing thread across 3 trails in the woods by a creek about 10:00 am. friday morning 2 of the 3 were broke when I'd returned at 5:30 pm that evening.

Probably late Doe's eating accorns as theres a bunch of Oaks by the creek.

We just need some cold weather to get things going and kill of some skeeters :wink:
my member name used to be kev until I changed my e-mail. member oct. 18, 2003