excalibur boltcutter broadheads ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

The mech. looks like a NAP Spitfire to me Boo .
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

As a Max user, I like the idea of the extra weight for the larger game such as elk or moose. I just wish that they had designed a larger cutting broadhead. The power of the Max, coupled with the extra weight, would assure pass throughs.

A bolt that just barely passes through a game animal is performing to its highest effeciency. It's made the biggest cut that it had energy to perform. It also leaves the best blood trail possible.

What I don't like to see is a pass through that drives into the ground, and what I've seen have been DEEP into the ground. That was wasted energy. A smaller cut was made than the bolt had energy to deliver. In addition to wasted energy, it has resulted in a smaller blood trail than could have been available. Possibly, it resulted in a lost game animal.

We need broadheads that are designed to allow the full perfrmance potential of the powerfull bows such as the Exomax.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'm not too sure of the fixed, maybe a Muzzy but I am sure the mechanical is an Innerlock. They both look the same as what Fuse markets.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

Looking at the Innerlock site, I notice the Boltcutter fixed also appears to resemble the Innerlock ones. The expandable X-Act appear identicle. You appear to have guessed them correct.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

Hi5 wrote:As a Max user, I like the idea of the extra weight for the larger game such as elk or moose. I just wish that they had designed a larger cutting broadhead. The power of the Max, coupled with the extra weight, would assure pass throughs.

A bolt that just barely passes through a game animal is performing to its highest effeciency. It's made the biggest cut that it had energy to perform. It also leaves the best blood trail possible.

What I don't like to see is a pass through that drives into the ground, and what I've seen have been DEEP into the ground. That was wasted energy. A smaller cut was made than the bolt had energy to deliver. In addition to wasted energy, it has resulted in a smaller blood trail than could have been available. Possibly, it resulted in a lost game animal.

We need broadheads that are designed to allow the full perfrmance potential of the powerfull bows such as the Exomax.
I agree 100%

Although I like the look of these heads, and the 150grain head is appealing, I will continue to shoot my 2" Rockets.
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]