O/T Scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Allan

Post by Allan »

excellent feedback folks, thanks
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I only use the red dot for turkeys, there is never a fast movement when moving the gun. With a good choke and a patterned gun you have excellent control over where the shot goes, it allows a turkey load to surgically remove a turkeys head without worrying about excess damage to any meat.
The red dot I use is about the diameter of a paper towel tube, but only a couple inches long, it by no means impedes vision with both eyes open.
To specifically answer your question you can have complete control over where your shot goes and sight the scope up to match it, it just involves a bunch of patterning. With a turkey choke and shot proven to hold pattern from your gun you can precisely place your tight pattern on any given target. Nice thing is that the saddle comes off the gun in a couple seconds and you have your shotgun back to normal! It needs little to no adjustment when turkey season starts back up and it gets attached to the gun again.
Turkey season is almost here, 79 days, 23 hours and 25 minutes to go!
flbuckmaster wrote:help me understand this...what good would a scope do for you if you are using buckshot as you dont have any control over where your buckshot goes after the shot? a scope is used for pinpoint accuracy, something you dont have with buckshot.
jay
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string