Should I or Shouldnt I????????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I'm in the process of trying to modify a tree climber so that I can pull the bottom part up with my arm strength and not my legs. (Any suggestions welcome) anyhow, we made a 4 wheeler path along a mile long beautiful ridge that's full of white oaks, red oaks and others. The bucks cruise up and down this ridge and it usually has a scrape line down it every year. Yes, this is the place that the guy sabotaged my ground blind and sent me to the hospital. I've just not had any luck with ground blinds around here and the ladder stands are not comfortable to me. You can get to the ridge from 4 different directions as not to get winded. Anyone got an idea on modifying the climber? :wink: .

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

raydaughety wrote:I'm in the process of trying to modify a tree climber so that I can pull the bottom part up with my arm strength and not my legs. (Any suggestions welcome) anyhow, we made a 4 wheeler path along a mile long beautiful ridge that's full of white oaks, red oaks and others. The bucks cruise up and down this ridge and it usually has a scrape line down it every year. Yes, this is the place that the guy sabotaged my ground blind and sent me to the hospital. I've just not had any luck with ground blinds around here and the ladder stands are not comfortable to me. You can get to the ridge from 4 different directions as not to get winded. Anyone got an idea on modifying the climber? :wink: .

God Bless,
Eye bolts??? Drill through the frame, attach eye bolts, to both top and bottom portions of the climber. Feed rope from top to bottom, pull on rope to bring bottom up????

Not sure how easy it would be to get the placement of the eye bolts just right. Could be done though.

If you have a big enough knot in the rope, the top and bottom shouldn't become seperated by any more than the length of the rope.

Just ideas off the top of my head.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Yea, something like that with some T handles like those use for a lawnmower pull start or our rope cocker? I'm going to start another thread in this. Thanks for the ideas.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote:We never steal each others threads...we gently recycle them! :D
Yes, indeed.

Send us your gently used threads ... and we will give them to the needy. :D
Grizz
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

You all and my Wife Win :o Your input really got me thinking and i agree i can make this 10 acres a lot better area for the deer to travel. i have 10 acres but it is suronded by about 800 acres of untouched woods and ridge lines beautiful area :D :D
bbbwb

Shoudor Shoudn't

Post by bbbwb »

Dick195252
I have nothing to add but to agree with what others have stated. A trail will be a benefit for you wildlife trail --- deer et al will use, access -- drag out your prize harvest or means for ease of firewood removal, life longevity --- your place to wander and allow the stresses of life to dissippate, A.T.V. or Argo run -- place to enjoy your vehicle of enjoyment with family and friends for camp outs with campfires and story telling.
ENJOY!!!
bbbwb
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Bring the trail to witin 20 yards of your set up and you are gold.

F