with and without STS system

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

I'm starting to learn how important the "post-shot" is. Many people tend to do alot of moving after a shot due to excitment, or whatever. Maybe its not the sound of the bow getting deer spooked, maybe its the suspious movements in the trees.
Esox

Post by Esox »

Just got an STS system for my Exomax today... I've been using the Mathias String Dampening V-bar but was curious about the STS.. This will give me an oportunity to compare the two systems alternately on the same bow....

It'll be strickly un-scientific because I don't have anyway of measuring sound so I'll have to go by they way they sound at the shot....

Should be interesting... This is what the off season is all about...
mercyfulfate

Post by mercyfulfate »

I would prefer an ear and feel test, if you need scientific equipment you're approaching the point of diminishing returns.
How much weight does the Mathias system add anyway? It just looks so cool! :wink:
JBO

Post by JBO »

Just another example why I appreciate and enjoy this form, useful information, great ideas, with an unbiased approach. Looking forward to your testing information.
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
Esox

Post by Esox »

Sorry about not getting back sooner. I've been away...

I don't know exactly what the Mathias system weighs, but it definitely does weigh more than the STS, but it also has the V-bar attached and the STS doesn't.... That's one of the reasons I want to test them side by side... If STS is as quiet, or nearly as quiet as Mathias then the lighter weight would be an important factor.... X-bows are heavy already. No need to add more if the benefit is minimal......

Hopefully I'll be able to get out to the range in the next couple of weeks, but I to have to wait until the weather gets better to test the two systems side by side. However, when I do I get back to the Forum with the results.