O/T/ Drive on or Wait

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Snakes don't bother me at all. I've got two right now. At one point I had over 20! 4 burmese pythons(3 which were over 10', one was 12'), a 10' yellow anaconda, a 3' yellow anaconda, a pair of ball pythons, a breeding pair of Haitian boas, 14 baby haitian boas, three amazon tree boas, 4 or 5 milk snakes. Then there were the monitors. Nile monitor. Savanah monitor. White Throat monitor. Also a black and gold tegu.

I've had a couple scary moments. Like when the 10' yellow anaconda came flying out of the cage at me. I had a 9' burmese python grab my bare hand and the coil around my arm in attempt to kill it and eat it. Man they've got a lot of teeth!!! Listerine poured into it's mouth caused it to release. And cleaned the hundred or so holes in my hand.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
wabi

Post by wabi »

Had to take my son with me on a plumbing job this fall and their son had a corn snake. They were in the process of moving in to the new house they had built, and I was making the final connections to switch the water supply to the new house. They had just moved the snake to the basement of the new house and it was cool outside, so the snake was still chilled. It made right up with my son and crawled inside his shirt to get next to his warm body. :lol:
I think the mom was jealous, because it always tries to get away from her. I'd say she is a little fearful/reluctant to handle it, and critters can sense emotions like fear. :wink:
When we got home he told mom how nice it was and she told him - NO!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
TYE

Post by TYE »

I HATE SNAKES! I would have shot it! or ran it over numerous times! :shock: :shock:
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I was painting a barn one time and had already done all of the high painting and only had around the ground level left to do. I was sitting on the ground painting and then would "scoot" down a little then paint some more. After one of these "scoots" I felt someting squirming under my legs while sitting Indian style. I looked down and out squirmed a copperhead about 18" long! It got out from under me and stopped just inches away. While I was looking at it I had that thought, do I get up FAST or slooowwww? I chose FAST and then some how it managed to lose its head!
Why ride when you can walk!
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Hi my name is Ian ( AKA Fishn-Hunter) and I have a snake Phobia and thats all I have to say about that. :!:
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Snakes don't bother me at all - although if I'm in Massassauga Rattler territory I'll watch my step.

Spiders are a different story however. I often remind my husband that I married him to be my spider slayer. Some days he comes home to find signs like this posted in various locations in the house:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.