To much crossbow for me ?....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) If you have flip-up lens protectors I think it is time to put a BIG florescent sticker there as a reminder. :lol: My biggest problem is when you have people standing there and you are doing a bunch of talking and inevitably you forget to place an arrow in the bow. :oops: Thank goodness the bows are built so good and if you do damage something the warranty is great .Right Boo . :D
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

There's several things you could try. Get yourself some 3/16" or so shock cord, make a loop and tie it around your foot stirrup and pull it back to cock the bow. Sort of "dry-fire" practice without actually dry firing your bow. It should catch on the claw mechanism and then you can practice mounting your bow, and pulling the trigger, without having to worry about where the arrow goes or sighting,or any of that other stuff. When bad habits creep in, the trick is to solve them one at a time. This should tell you whether or not your flinching or anticipating the shot. You can tape a small inexpensive flashlight on your rail and this will tell you whether or not your flinching. better yet, just take the limbs off for this exercise.

The next thing to try is some "blank-baling" which is the traditional method archers use to try an overcome target panic. It might work for noise panic also. Stand, or better, sit comfortably in a chair about five feet or so away from your target(I assume you have proper backstop etc.) what you want to do is get close enough so you can't miss. Don't worry about aiming, that's the least of your problems. Load the bow, and mount it in your customary way, make sure you load an arrow :roll: . Make sure you'll hit the target, then close your eyes, and concentrate just on your trigger release, just smoothly pull the trigger and let the bow do it's thing. If the noise is bothering you, this exercise should help.

Good luck!
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

get yourself a custom boo string .... made the difference between night and day with the bow
saxman

Post by saxman »

pokynojoe wrote:There's several things you could try. Get yourself some 3/16" or so shock cord, make a loop and tie it around your foot stirrup and pull it back to cock the bow. Sort of "dry-fire" practice without actually dry firing your bow. It should catch on the claw mechanism and then you can practice mounting your bow, and pulling the trigger, without having to worry about where the arrow goes or sighting,or any of that other stuff. When bad habits creep in, the trick is to solve them one at a time. This should tell you whether or not your flinching or anticipating the shot. You can tape a small inexpensive flashlight on your rail and this will tell you whether or not your flinching. better yet, just take the limbs off for this exercise.

The next thing to try is some "blank-baling" which is the traditional method archers use to try an overcome target panic. It might work for noise panic also. Stand, or better, sit comfortably in a chair about five feet or so away from your target(I assume you have proper backstop etc.) what you want to do is get close enough so you can't miss. Don't worry about aiming, that's the least of your problems. Load the bow, and mount it in your customary way, make sure you load an arrow :roll: . Make sure you'll hit the target, then close your eyes, and concentrate just on your trigger release, just smoothly pull the trigger and let the bow do it's thing. If the noise is bothering you, this exercise should help.

Good luck!
Now that is some great advice.
I like the idea of using the shock cord (brilliant)
I am going to use that one.
You guy's are so smart
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i am so thankful i use a dacron string on Miss Vixen. it has saved me on more than one occasion :oops:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315