Help deciding

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

First of all welcome to the forum. :D All of the excal bows have enough power ,it just comes down to how far do you want to sink the arrow into the ground on the other side . :lol: But seriously living up north there you may want to consider the exocet/vortex for the moose.
mikej

Post by mikej »

good choice i don't think you will be disappointed. i also plan on using my phoenix for moose
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Welcome to our family.

I have both ends of the Excalibur rainbow . . .Exomax and Vixen. I love them both for the same reason. They are deadly accurate.

I have found that I can get the Exomax to shoot as smoothly as the Vixen. Just shoot a heavier arrow, use a 40 strand Boo string, and shoot a 125gr broadhead(or heavier). The only difference at that point is the weight and speed. The Exomax is a little heavier and good a bit faster. Both are deadly accurate.

I have had several Excalibur experienced folks tell me the Phoniex is the best all around bow . . .a good choice.

I'll be looking for you in the 2008 trophy case thread.

Take care,

Scott
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Mike4725

Post by Mike4725 »

Thanks Scott can't wait to get out there.

Mike
Bluefish024

Post by Bluefish024 »

Mike4725 wrote:Thanks for all the input I just came back from one of our dealers and it looks like the Pheonix it will be. the guy I am dealing we knows I hunt from a tree stand and that I am verticaly challenged (short and pudge he calls it). Thanks everyone I can't wait for it to come in.

Mike
LOL 5'4" here Verticaly challenged lol tf
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
tws75

Post by tws75 »

i have the vortex and love it it has plenty of power and speed and the thumb hole stock makes it very comfort to hold
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

WELCOME!!!Any Excaliber will do :lol: you can't go wrong with any of them and if you want change the model they all sell fast on the trading post and really hold their value.
The best things in life are not things!!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Rich wrote:Mike,

You answered your own question: stuck between the Phoenix and Exomax. The answer is simple, compromise and go with the Exocet. It will do anything you need it to.

Rich
i was gonna say the same... Vortex will split the difference.. best all around bow made. I bought the equinox this season also because I like speed though
Rich

Post by Rich »

Great choice Mike, you'll be happy.

Rich
mikew

Post by mikew »

Welcome Mike!

You won't be disappointed. Excellent choice!
-Mike