Saturday Jan 3rd , Excalibur Forum 3D fun shoot ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

My photos of the "all-in-one-bow-and-arrow" didn't turn out. :cry: My camera was doing something weird and a whole pile of photos weren't viable. I have to check the settings and see if something was changed. Am hoping that someone else has some good photos of the "specialty arrows" that were created today! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

That was an adventure trying to find VixChix bolt! All you old farts couldnt find it, you needed the 18 year old to find it for you, nice shot Ken, he got a little buck fever...what do you expect, it was the first deer he had seen all season! :) :) :) Just Kidding!

Had a great time and can't wait to do it again!

Matt
Last edited by DropTine on Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D Hope nobody has a slow dial-up :D
The first thing to greet us was the sign at the gate
The range to make sure we all hit the Bullseye only ( not trees ) :lol:
Uncle Festers catering shows up . :D
One of the young archers getting geared up.
A few of the archers strutting their stuff on the roost.
Boy does that lumi-nok show up
Quite a motley crew
We even had a few vertical bow guys.
The horizontal guys.
We had some arrows for going around corners . :)
TPM steadied for a shot.
Beer wolf concentrating on the shot.
And finally a photo shoot would not be complete without VixChix showing everyone proper form for shooting . :D
Last edited by Doe Master on Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

She put on a clinic for us! Great pics Kevin!

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Scott Archery Release

Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) That Vixen can shoot ,but she was soooo close to hitting her thumb .Check out the picture . :)
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Notice the Robin Hood in xbowkidd's quiver in the TPM shot? It's the one with the Hot Pink fletching. It is sweet.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Dan(Beerwolf) got a pic of the Robin hood from xbowkidd into Kevin's Arrow, he had bad luck with the pink fletching :)

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Scott Archery Release

Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

My biggest problem there was I really can`t remember names all that well :shock: Some stick with me like Beerwolf because he was wearing his hat with that on it .
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It was nice to see the different generations of Excalibur's, oddly, no wood, new or old.
It was a great opportunity to repeatedly hear the difference between a stock string and a Boo string, seemed every shot with a Boo string was followed by "Wow, that was quiet.."
It was a good reminder of how cool the Groundpounder mount looks on the bow, mine goes back on tonight. It will save my wife from having to follow me around with a box of bolts. :D

Going through the portrait pictures I see my bow is being held by 5 different people. :D Coincidence? I think not. :wink:
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Doe Master wrote::) That Vixen can shoot ,but she was soooo close to hitting her thumb .Check out the picture . :)
Yikes... I'll have to be more aware. I don't think I've shot that bow since Canada Day :oops: I need to get out more.

BTW, DoeMaster - didn't I protest the pics? Now I'll have to change my forum name to FatChix. Ugh.

Ken - I have to let you in on a little secret. You know how there are some horses that only one person can ride? Well, my bow is kind of like that... :wink: I've trained it to pull the shots if I'm not shooting. :wink: :lol:

Matt - thanks for finding that arrow - otherwise I've have had to claim a free deer hunt! :lol:

Was so cool to see so many GroundPounder mounts and Boo strings on Excaliburs.... felt like one big happy family! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Had an awesome time today! I know it was the first time meeting face to face for a lot of people but you really felt like you knew each other right from the start. :D
Our camera screwed up a bit today and a pile of pictures didn't turn out. Were able to salvage some.

This was actually just the start of the food. There was still a pile of meat coming from the BBQ.

From left front, RJ, xbowkid (hidden), Bowster, me holding my totally pooped-out son, Schnarrfuss and mtbyak.

Doemaster, Bowster, Schnarrfuss, subneural and his son enjoying some time back at the target range.

I love this shot. UncleFester and his arrow search party after a couple of misses on the 50 yard deer on the target range. I wasn't there to witness this. Did anyone actually hit that thing?:wink:

Our son wanted so bad to "have his picture taken with a deer". Thanks to everyone for being so patient and great with the kids. They're the future of our sport.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Great pic's all ... I had trouble with my second batch of shots as well ?

Too much bright light and too hign ISO setting ? :oops:

Looks like all angles were covered between all the misc camera's anyway . so a good idea of how the shoot went ... Great weather and all !

Did anyone see the deer herd North of the 401 near Wolverton bridge on the way home ?

I was on my way to Cambridge to pick up my table saw when I saw them ..

I drove down to 97 cut off ... turned around , when I got back , the deer had left the filed ... I got off at Oxford Rd 29 and drove to the farm on Twsp Rd 8 ... asked for permission to walk the swail for some pictures ... They are downloading now ( no great close up's .. still had my small lens on from the 3D fun shoot ) .
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Straightshooter

Post by Straightshooter »

Looks like you guys, and gals, and little ones had a great time. Hopefully next time I'll be able to make it out.
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

My turn. It was a great day full of fun, meeting members of the Excalibur family, as well as some future members, nice weather and mouth watering food. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I will share what I have. Lot's of nice pictures already on here, thanks to all for sharing them. I am second last on the right kneeling in the front row.
Looking forward to doing this again. It was alot of fun and good practice as a bonus.
I aced that 45 yard deer target!!!

Dave
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

had a great time today! thanks to everyone for making it happen. i have never shot 3d before but i think i may go out and try a tournament sometime, that was a blast. sorry again about your arrow kirk, although it was one of the neatest looking mistakes i have made in awhile. all in all it was good shooting, good company, good food.
Team Dryfire