Canadain Tire game cam sale.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

killshot

Post by killshot »

Sandman, CT here in Brantford had 3 yesterday. I called because I was going to get one but changed my mind. A range finder is higher on my wanted list.
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-zone Scope
150 Grain Boltcutters
NGSS
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

the crappy tire at leslie and lakeshore in the GTA had about 20 of them in stock today
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

My son bought a set the last time they were on sale. Actually quite good cameras. the pictures were clear and sharp. His only beef is the battery life in the cold. I'm sure with some research there is a way around this. All the other cameras use batteries as well. TC
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

I decided to get a pair figuring I could return them if they weren't any good. The range finder was higher on my list so I got that out of the way by picking up a Busnell Yardage Pro Scout on sale at LeBarons. The rangefinder is sweet!

The cameras on the other hand are pretty much what I expected. The flash was so bright that in 5 out of six pictures I can't even be seen. Besides setting the date/time I haven't figured out how to change the factory default settings. It's set to 3 pics, 5 secs apart, 1 min delay, auto flash. There doesn't seem to be much auto in the auto-flash. They warn you not to point the camera east or west or the sun will wash out the shots. I'm going to set up a camera in the back yard and see how well it does with the dog back there. I'm also anxious to see how long the batteries will fare. Although -22c as the high on Wednesday probably isn't a fair test.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Update.

It doesn't look like there are any user configurable settings. I suspect there are config dip swtiches on the circuit board but I don't feel like breaking seals to find out I'm wrong.

The flash is still really, really bright outside at night. But the picture quality is better than I got from in the basement. It's good enough for me for the price. I'll try to check out the camera during daylight next.

The bonus feature I hadn't noticed yesterday is that it has the external 12V connector to plug it in to a 12V lead acid battery. It'll probably work just fine for a month on a 12V Gel Cell fire alarm panel battery. I'll get a couple of those at Princess Auto this week. The trick there is not to reverse the polarity when making your cables since these things DO NOT have polarity protection built-in and will fry if you put the batteries in backwards or wire them backwards.