Guys in the Ice Band [wabi-Woody-and all down there]

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Post by wabi »

Managed to get out this afternoon, and only got the truck stuck once - trying to get out of the driveway. :oops: :roll:
Saw several places with wires still down laying across the raods (mostly telephone & cable, the electric wires are quickly dealt with).
Here at home we still have plenty of ice, but the sun warmed it up today so it was bearable to be outdoors. Even my dog enjoyed the sunlight :lol: - the tree branches are usually well above the bird feeder, the ice & snow has them really drooping!

A view of my property from the intersection (the house in the center is where I did live but rent out now, I live in the house on the far left)

And a shot of the typical condition of what the secondary (town streets & township & county highways) look like today.

Looks like a cold night ahead, and not above freezing again tomorrow, but Sunday may bring high enough temperatures to get rid of a lot of the ice, then back to sub-freezing for a few days. :(
I made it out for a walk on the farm I hunt today, and there is a lot of limbs down and treetops broken out. The landowner took the tractor and got to my deer feeder this morning and filled it with corn - the songbirds were having a feast! Unfortunately, I left my camera at home. :oops:

At least I'll have plenty of fishing lures made, and sinkers cast for the summer's fishing if this weather stays this way. :lol:
Nothing better than firing up the wood stove in my shop and working on projects like that in this weather - even ordered a new pellet pistol yesterday so I can take a break and plink a few rounds into my indoor target while I'm working (if you call lure making, sinker & bullet casting, and arrow & string making work). :wink: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Wabi,

Those pics looks like they could have been taken on any street here.

Same stuff.

We lost power again last night about 10 and just got it back again. We are lucky as lots of people haven't had any power since Monday evening.

Home Depot is selling 7000 watt generators for $799 and they are going like hotcakes.

Some "enterprising souls" have a semi load of generators set up in a store parking lot but they are selling them for too much.. but they are selling.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
scratcherky

Post by scratcherky »

I am in Louisville, KY and just got my power back about 2 PM. I have been running on generator since past Wednesday. Thousands are still without power. Lucky I heat with gas.
Man and man's best friend still looking at the green side of sod.