Fixed Blade
75%
Expanding Blade
25%

Total votes: 68

MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

Rage 3 blade has been my choice.
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Let's see, it was about 2005 when I 'met' Danny Miller on the phone. He told me: "Slick Tricks are the greatest bhead in the world, and they're made where you live." [Arkansas].

I had to try them and have never looked back. I wouldn't presume to have enough knowledge on anything to say it was 'the best in the world' [cept Excals, lol]

I did discover you can't just screw them on and go. You have to remove as much run-out as you can. I converted a defunct arrow straightener w/ equally defunct dial indicator just to check run-out.

I was pretty darn proud of myself. Until I gave Smokepole a couple to try in a motel room near Knoxville, Tn. Mark O'Brien benefit shoot a year or two ago. He handed them back to me mounted on arrows. I was explaining my run-out diatribe to him as I checked his. Nada, zilch, zero. The needle on the indicator never moved. Some peoples kids!
"Eze 18:21"
xbhntr

broadheads

Post by xbhntr »

Still using WASP cam locs 3 fixed blades. If it ain't broke then don't $#&^%$ around with it! Ray.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Magnus 125 Snuffer and Wasp Boss 4 blade
Normous

Post by Normous »

curmudgeon wrote:Muzzy's now but thinking of switching to Rage to see if they fly as claimed like field tips. I like that they come with a practice blade even if three cost $39,95 locally, $36.95 at the Superstore plus shipping. I have heard they can be re- sharpened. Is this true ?
Yes I have successfuly disasembled my Rage 3 and resharpened them perfectly using my Lansky Diamond fine stone then a leather strop.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

my son gave me G5 stryker 125 gr.for xmas 3 yr ago solely them since.fly like darts,no accuracy problems to 50 yds.any broadhead will work if properly tuned but some will fly like field points, some will need scope adj.this question is lie whats your favourite beer? you will get a lot of different responses.
kyteach

Post by kyteach »

If you haven't tried Slick Tricks, you owe it to ourself to try these. Danny Miller told me about these last summer. They shoot as good as field points. And yes, I have harvesed deer with them, before you ask.
You will not be disappointed with Slick Tricks.
Exomax
Groundpounder mount
Boo Custom String
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

muzzy 3 blade 100 grains ...may go up to 125 s
M&M

Post by M&M »

spitfires for me they shoot consistantly very accurate with my exocet and they have performed very well on all the deer I have shot so far. M&M
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

M&M wrote:spitfires for me they shoot consistantly very accurate with my exocet and they have performed very well on all the deer I have shot so far. M&M
X2. 125gr. They fly the same as fieldpoints.
VA Bigbore

Post by VA Bigbore »

Tried some broadheads I bought a few years ago. 100gr Thunderheads. Man did they really bite for accuracy!! The only one I shot went 8" low and 4" left of my field points at 30 yds. Watched the arrow do all kinds of bad things on the way to the target. Appeared to have wind-planed really bad.

Went and picked me up another pack of the Wasp Hammer b/h and they flew straight and true, just like the last pack. Gave the Thunderheads away so I didn't have to keep carryin 'em around. Only got a few more weeks to hunt here this year, might try some of the other suggestions for next year, but for now I'll stick to the Waps.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

awshucks wrote: I did discover you can't just screw them on and go. You have to remove as much run-out as you can. I converted a defunct arrow straightener w/ equally defunct dial indicator just to check run-out.
exactly... slicks are great and they will group great but most dont take the time to spin test them to make sure its balanced on the shaft. I love slicks, but after all that they grouped 2 inches to the right of center compared to fieldtips. Thats no huge issue since 2-3clicks on the scope and dead on.

I just like rage because they do fly exactly like the fieldtips. When I say exactly, they hit the same hole :D The only downside to them is you still take a chance on something not opening. Its about a 2% chance of that, but its there. Knock on wood, I havent had issues with either head and would use both anyday with confidence

so slicks or rage are 2 top choices in my book...

something else, rage is a slightly longer head so it does effect your FOC a tad also over slicks by making the total shaft longer. Which can help or hurt some arrows. For my likes, the rage help my FOC 8)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Anyone remember these?

The blades spin freely independent of the point and independent of the arrow.

They are out of production and getting harder to find. Every now and again you will find some on ebay (that's where I snagged these pics).

I find that they fly identical to field points out to forty yards.

Last edited by Mike P on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
saxman

Post by saxman »

They must be old,it's a 4 pack instead of the usual 3 pack.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

the old NAP razorbaks used a pin to hold while tightning them up watch out fingers! :lol: they also had the 5 bladed model in the orange case.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315