which ground blind to buy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Thanks everyone for your input. Droptine, I may have to take you up on your offer. Are you happy with the layout, and finish of your blind? Do you find that it blends in well?
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Yea, i really like it.

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
terrym

Post by terrym »

I use a ground Max DX which is the larger sized version. This blind is excellent. Sets up in seconds, very rigid in the wind and the fabric is not that cheap shiny type like some of the lower priced ones. My 2 best bucks have been taken while hunting from it. If you also hunt with a compound then don't buy a small one. Matter of fact I see no advantage at all with buying a small blind. I think I paid about $230.00 for mine at Basspro.
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Has anyone made thier own blind? I was thinking about it, I have a few old worn out dome tents. I was thinking I could use the frames and make my own covers for em. No zippers maybe buttons for the windows.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

If you're hunting near trees, just wrap some camo burlap or whatever around a few trees in a overlapping c-shape (spiral) - no door needed. Set the height so you can shoot over top. Rig a tarp for a roof if needed.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Moosehead

Ground Max

Post by Moosehead »

I have a Ground Max Escape ground Blind that I bought from Cabelas a year ago when it went on sale for 99 bucks.

This company belongs to Primos now, and I can see why. It's an excellent blind - tough, not too shiny, good camo, large interior, and only weighs 14 pounds. Its easy to set up and very portable. It has brush loops for adding camo material, which I think is ESSENTIAL in a good blind - I can camo mine up so well that it is almost impossible to see.

The only thing I don't like are the loud velcro windows. I usually set them up once and leave them alone for the rest of the time the blind is set up for use. I shot a nice doe this fall out of it and she had no clue that I was there. Nice for bringing out my kids too...lots of room for them to move around and their colouring books, etc.

Cabelas still sells them under the Primos name.
Happy Shopping - MOOSE
PaBowhunter

Post by PaBowhunter »

I have a Double Bull T5 Pro Staff from when they where still made in the USA and it the recurve model so I can stand up and move around in it and plenty of room for two people. Then I also have the Double Bull Matrix Recurve Model so I canstand up in it also and plenty of room for two people.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

thanks to everyone who gave their experiences with their blinds. Now I have enough feedback where I am comfortable ordering through the mail @ Cabelas Canada. Neil.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-