first fishing expedition of the spring and a few.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

When canoe tripping we used the old centrifugal coffee making method - grounds in a pot of boiling water, swing it like a windmill, all the grounds settle to the bottom. Works quite well!

I have also resorted to straining through a bandana on occasion.

Now when I car camp I use a great unbreakable press a friend picked up for me years ago at MEC.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
mikej

Post by mikej »

i drink tim hortons :lol:
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

VixChix wrote: I have also resorted to straining through a bandana on occasion.
:shock: :shock: Clean, we hope? :P :P :wink: :wink:
Grizz
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Cool pic's Mike ... Greta to gets the kids out ! ... Looks like yall had fun !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
wabi

Post by wabi »

Michael and I went to the local lake this evening (trout were released today), but fishing was poor. It usually takes a few days for the released trout to start feeding. Very unusual results today - I caught the only fish, a bluegill. :shock:
Tried the new camera out on a few shots! The memory card they included with it is very small capacity (MB) but I have a larger one (GB) ordered.

across the lake of the boat launch ramp area where people were fishing (8X zoom):

and a few geese enjoying the warm afternoon (4X zoom):

The camera has 4X optical zoom, then on up to 16X digital zoom. I was shooting in AUTO mode, still haven't tried all the options (and might never use them all), but it has everything from shooting indoors with flash to outdoor modes for twilight - snow - bright sunlight - overcast, and about any other conditions you can think of. :D
BTW - the water was 51°F next to the bank according to my new infrared thermometer.
Last edited by wabi on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
wabi
roland

Post by roland »

Image This is the way I like to fish, with grandson.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Mike, I take it you are fishing Adams Lake.

When I go by sometimes in the spring I see a lot of anglers around the shore. Must be for the trout release.

Once again shows that taking a kid fishing or hunting is one of the better investments you can make that will pay dividends the rest or your life and theirs.
roly

Post by roly »

you gotta cherish this stuff, it go's by real fast!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Mike P wrote:Mike, I take it you are fishing Adams Lake.

When I go by sometimes in the spring I see a lot of anglers around the shore. Must be for the trout release.

Once again shows that taking a kid fishing or hunting is one of the better investments you can make that will pay dividends the rest or your life and theirs.
Yes - Adams lake. A few days ago Michael and I were the only two people fishing.
They released the trout Friday, and there must have been 40 or 50 people on the banks this morning braving the cold & rain. :roll: We only witnessed 3 trout caught in all the time we were there. It usually takes a few days before the trout adjust to their new home and start feeding in my experience from past years.
We fished for about an hour with no bites when Michael looked at me and asked, "Aren't you cold, dad?". I told him, "Yes, and I've had about all the fun I can stand for one day, let's go home!" :lol: :lol:
wabi