Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

peter p

Post by peter p »

Good for you Tyler.
Your dad did a nice job for you.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Great story Tyler and great photos!!!!
Thanks for taking us along on your hunt.
CONGRATS again!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Nice shot Tyler!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I couldn't sleep and I woke up at 4:30 and saw that Dad was up. He was hurting from walking in the muddy field. He told me that he had read it and corrected some spelling mistakes and attached some pictures. We can only shoot 1 turkey each day so we called dad's friend that was hunting with his 6 year old son so we put my turkey in the cooler at the clubhouse and tried to get a bird for Logan. He is in the picture with me. Dad was able to find another bird for Logan and we got set of in a field next to the clubhouse. I set up B-Mobile and the 4 of us got in some thick stuff and dad started calling with his mouth call. It wasn't long before a big old tom came running for us. Logan got way to excited and pulled the trigger when the tom was at 80 yards running right at us. I felt very bad for him because he has never killed a turkey. He sure needs to take a hunter safety course. The way that he was slinging my gun around made me nervous. His had been practicing with a 12 gage that his dad is letting him use but I have a Rossi 20ga. that day bought for me when I was 5 so we let them borrow it. We can't hunt on Sunday yet and if would keep us from church then I wouldn't go. We only have 1 youth day so next saturday dad id going to be hunting with his new gun but I think that he will let me do the shooting because he says that he can hunt anytime he wants. I have never been with him when he has killed a turkey. We only get 2 tags so I can only shoot 1 more turkey. My 12th birthday is on Wednesday, what a present from God! He has been good to us. Guess who else killed a bird? This is the girl that killed the biggest buck last year and I came in second. Well, I guess that she's done it again

Do y'all see that smile on her face? This is what your raffle ticket money is for. It's not for the prizes it's for the smiles. You can see how bad her hand is deformed but she works hard to fulfill her dreams and we help by paying for the hunts. PLEASE BUY A TICKET IF YOU CAN.

Tyler
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
killshot

Post by killshot »

Congrats Tyler. Thanks for sharing your story and pictures.
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-zone Scope
150 Grain Boltcutters
NGSS
bucont

Post by bucont »

Great stories Tyler, nothing makes an old hunter happier than a young hunters smile.

Great Job!

Bucont
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
mikej

Post by mikej »

congrats tyler way to go
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Congrats Tyler, great story and pictures.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Awesome bird Tyler. Every gobbler you can get into shooting range is a trophy. You did a great job putting one down on the first morning. Congratulations!!!! :D
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

huntman wrote:Congrats Tyler!! Now maybe your dad can get me on a bird too!! :lol: :lol:
Well huntman, you just pack your bags and come on down. We rode over to the club this morning and saw 3 large toms in the exact spot where Tyler killed one yesterday. We snuck up to 6 fields and saw 13 gobblers. The only problem is, I can't hunt them until Saturday :(
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
mikej

Post by mikej »

why do you have to wait so long ray
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Way to go Tyler !! Beauty bird !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

You're turning into quite the hunting machine Tyler!

I am proud of ya!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Our state has a youth season that comes in on the first Saturday in April and lasts for just that one day. Our regular turkey season comes in on the second Saturday in April and last for 4 weeks. The plan is to go right back to the same spot where Tyler got his jake and we saw birds yesterday and see if we can get another "clubhouse" bird. Opening day is my birthday and when Tina asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told her that I wanted her to prepare a nice meal and have ready and wait when I get home cause I'm going turkey hunting . She just threw me one of those looks :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

raydaughety wrote:... cause I'm going turkey hunting!
You're simply incorrigible, Ray. :lol:
Grizz