weres the turkey contest ????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Im in on this one.. Just make a Gun class and a Bow class

Im using my shotgun so I dont want to complete against those using bows. I would say add a few points for using a bow, but if thats the case 1-2 pts would make a HUGE different in this contest score wise. Unlike the deer contest. Its like adding 1inch to the spurs :P

I dont see a issue with having a gun and a bow division since im sure a few others here are using their shotguns to.

no prizes, just for fun :D If we do teams, but its kinda late, im sure Team Va would be the same as the deer contest :D Season starts tomorrow here! Just keep things fun!
crazyfarmer

Re: turkey

Post by crazyfarmer »

michiganman wrote:number #1 by weight with a bow.
25lbs is a good bird!! Ive seen 28-30 pounders here in the local contests though. But you have to get those the first week of season since they lose weight fast.

btw, I thought about the team stuff and I dont think it would work since someone could use a bow and others might use a shotgun so it wouldnt balance right.

do we need a use weight also? But that would be honesty
yakman$

Post by yakman$ »

Beard,Spurs and Date. NO WEIGHT!!!! Bow and gun class. This way everyone has a fair chance...

Count me in

Lets try to get some prizes.

:lol:
Big John

m

Post by Big John »

I can not participate this season in turkey Hunting. :( :(
But I can help with this contest, if you all agree.
And I know there has been no prizes said, but if we keep it to individual's only, I will give a set of "Big John's Bolts" in Blazing Tigers Pattern, to the winner. Let me know.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Pydpiper

Re: m

Post by Pydpiper »

John wrote:I can not participate this season in turkey Hunting. :( :(
But I can help with this contest, if you all agree.
And I know there has been no prizes said, but if we keep it to individual's only, I will give a set of "Big John's Bolts" in Blazing Tigers Pattern, to the winner. Let me know.

John
Generous and inspiring offer john!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mikej

Post by mikej »

what a great offer. i don't think i will be turkey hunting either but i f i am able to hunt them i would be in too
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

i dont have a place to turkey hunt either(well lets just say i did not look to hard,as i dont like turkey)..so istead of buying a turkey tag..
i,ll donate the funds and buy a $50.00gift certificate from a sports store to donate as a prize
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
michiganman

excalibur

Post by michiganman »

i sent a pm to excalibur dude and havent herd back.

maybe a gun,bow,and crossbow listing.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

Seems like we're headed for individuals, no teams and how about we give bow hunters 1 point on their total. That way we need less prizes for the winners. Two classes would need double the prizes.

I don't see a problem removing the date requirement if all agree to go on honesty.

We have prizes offered:
1 set Big John's Bolts" in Blazing Tigers Pattern (Courtesy of John)
$50.00 gift certificate from a sports store (Courtesy of fogducker)

Prizes will be shipped directly from the donator to the winner of that prize. I can set up an email account purely for this contest and all contestants can send me their photos. I'll be glad to post them on the site as we get them.

More thoughts? Is 1 point enough for bow hunters???
yakman$

Post by yakman$ »

I would personally think the bows should get two points if your going to have one class and rather the a date a pic. of the tag that would show the year and or color of tag for verification.
michiganman

turkeys

Post by michiganman »

im in,dosent matter to me what we use to hunt them.i just like the challenge of the bow,crossbow.maybe you could list it as 2009 turkey contest??????
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

I am in agreement with you Yakman$ since we are getting such generous offers for prizes. We should try to eliminate any temptation. The other thing that would do is demonstrate to all that we are law abiding since we are doing this on Excalibur's web forum. All contestants could email me a picture of their tag as their registration for the contest (drivers license or identification number removed) and that way, I could compare that picture with the tag in the picture of their bird (color). How's that sound? Since some people start tomorrow, I'll get the post up, post the rules and give the email address for entries. Since a lot of people here advocate for equality for crossbows (I agree) we will have the two classes, bow (vertical or horizontal) and gun (all firearms including muzzleloader). That way we don't have to mess around with a handicap. If more prizes come in we will split them up between the classes.
yakman$

Post by yakman$ »

BigBwanaD wrote:I am in agreement with you Yakman$ since we are getting such generous offers for prizes. We should try to eliminate any temptation. The other thing that would do is demonstrate to all that we are law abiding since we are doing this on Excalibur's web forum. All contestants could email me a picture of their tag as their registration for the contest (drivers license number removed) and that way, I could compare that picture with the tag in the picture of their bird (color). How's that sound? Since some people start tomorrow, I'll get the post up, post the rules and give the email address for entries. Since a lot of people here advocate for equality for crossbows (I agree) we will have the two classes, bow (vertical or horizontal) and gun (all firearms including muzzleloader).
That sounds good to me. Here in Ontario I don’t think our tags have a driver’s license number on it. I also think there are colored by year. But don’t quote me on this..
Is it like that in the USA? If I am not mistaken last year was purple…. I also think honesty is great. But the minute ppl start to offer prizes their always one bad apple to spoil it.
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

In Michigan, our tags change color every year and our driver's license number is listed on the tag. Just set up the email account on our server for this. Here we go!!!
yakman$

Post by yakman$ »

I think all places have color codes by year
We should do the points and a clear pic of the tag and bird in the same shot (feet up works well) that way the pic is not to close to see the driver license number and we all do need to send a photo or scan of our tags.