Congrats Ray nice turkey.
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

mikej wrote:
raydaughety wrote:I totally forgot to register for the contest :oops: . We have a good population of some nice birds in this area. I've been watching another big tom for Tyler but have to come up with a way to get him across a canal about 14'wide. Any ideas?
is it deep? could you use waders?
There were 2 toms and 3 jakes in the same spot this afternoon. The canal is too deep for waders and the bank has no slope what so ever, it drops straight down. There's no way to slide down and climb back up the other side. Not for me anyway :lol: . There is a natural drainage where the water runs from the road into the canal and it's close to the roost. Tyler believes that he can make a little bit of a pit out of it. Uncle Ellis and I are going to make the pit tomorrow so that Tyler can hunt there Saturday morning. It's all about getting him on a mature bird now. We'll figure something out.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
mikej

Post by mikej »

raydaughety wrote:
mikej wrote:
raydaughety wrote:I totally forgot to register for the contest :oops: . We have a good population of some nice birds in this area. I've been watching another big tom for Tyler but have to come up with a way to get him across a canal about 14'wide. Any ideas?
is it deep? could you use waders?
There were 2 toms and 3 jakes in the same spot this afternoon. The canal is too deep for waders and the bank has no slope what so ever, it drops straight down. There's no way to slide down and climb back up the other side. Not for me anyway :lol: . There is a natural drainage where the water runs from the road into the canal and it's close to the roost. Tyler believes that he can make a little bit of a pit out of it. Uncle Ellis and I are going to make the pit tomorrow so that Tyler can hunt there Saturday morning. It's all about getting him on a mature bird now. We'll figure something out.
good luck, i hope you get him on one
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Great bird Ray! Hope you are enjoying the SX3 as much as I am. Love the camo on that one.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
saxman

Post by saxman »

raydaughety wrote:
VixChix wrote:CONGRATS Ray!!! So glad to see that you got out! Looks like it was well worth it! :lol:
SHHHHHHH, my doctor doesn't know that I left the house :lol: . My feet are starting to heal a little but it's going to take time. Now, I'm ready for another bigun.
Congrats Ray,Nice bird.
Did I miss something?
What's wrong with your feet?
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I have open blisters on both that have become infected. Had to spend a couple of day s. I'm off of the IV drip now but thet hab and I will get back with you after i'll be ok in a litte bit
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray