Trail Cam... who is using what, how do you like it?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Im getting the came cam bug. I have a old 6 volt Moultrie and 2 home brews. the cameras to loud with them. These new cameras are nice i cant believe the battery life. How long do you realy get.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I get about 3 months on a set of batteries with the Cuddeback Experts.
dlzinck

Found it

Post by dlzinck »

The second one is in the tree line on the left hand side about 1/2 inch in...
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

Notice most of the respondants are our friends from the US and mostly using Cuddebacks? I think there are a couple of reasons for this. One, Canadians (in general) are cheap especially when it comes to hunting and fishing stuff and secondly, things just cost more up here. The Cuddebacks and Bushnell cameras mentioned cost darn near $300.00 with tax and maybe shipping. That is why I think the Spypoint cameras will do well here. They are around $200.00 and are good quality. Personally I use 2 Wildview cameras that Can-Tire had on sale last year for $100.00...a pair! I bought 2 battery cables from Wildview and I picked up a couple of 12v gel batteries from Forest City Surplus in London for around $20.00 each. I am actually very happy with them. Good quality pictures and they seem to capture the critters no problem. Batteries last about 4 months. TC
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

trky chsr wrote:Notice most of the respondants are our friends from the US and mostly using Cuddebacks? I think there are a couple of reasons for this. One, Canadians (in general) are cheap especially when it comes to hunting and fishing stuff and secondly, things just cost more up here. The Cuddebacks and Bushnell cameras mentioned cost darn near $300.00 with tax and maybe shipping. That is why I think the Spypoint cameras will do well here. They are around $200.00 and are good quality. Personally I use 2 Wildview cameras that Can-Tire had on sale last year for $100.00...a pair! I bought 2 battery cables from Wildview and I picked up a couple of 12v gel batteries from Forest City Surplus in London for around $20.00 each. I am actually very happy with them. Good quality pictures and they seem to capture the critters no problem. Batteries last about 4 months. TC
im not sure what the price difference is up your way.. but the Cuddeback Capture is 199.99 and the Bushnell Trophy Cam is 199.99 also

thats one reason I went with them.. i'd rather get 2 good cameras for the price of 1 500 dollar one and cover more ground :lol:

as for battery life, it will depend on the number of pictures and the temp outside. My trophy cam has been out for 2months already and it still on full charge. They claim 1 year life out of it! Im expecting a good 6-7months out of mine with maybe 100 pics per week.

My captures normally last 4months on about 60-80 pics per week... I change them around 4months though just to be safe. They might go longer, but im not pushing my chance of missing a big deer
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

trky chsr wrote:One, Canadians (in general) are cheap

And here I was under the impression it was just Boo. :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Cams aren't in our budget, but it's great to read the reviews and see the photos posted on the forum. I'm sure someday when I'm working again we'll be looking at purchasing a trail cam. In the meantime we'll just keep waiting for the prices to go down while the quality goes up. :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
mikej

Post by mikej »

vix check out the spypoint very decent quality cam for around 200$ decent warranty and they take nice pictures and they are made in canada.
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
dutchhunter

cheapys

Post by dutchhunter »

i got two camaras at ctc for 100$ just cheapŷs but thy work .i have no complants .i can see putting 50$ on a tree around here but a few hundered no way DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver