crossbow deer season - how long and how many deer?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

Here in jersey we start sept 12. and go all the way to feb 30 if im correct
sept 12- october 30 is fall bow
october 31- december 31 is permit bow
january 1- october 30 is winter bow.
Im pretty sure its unlimited does and 1 buck for winter and one for fall bow and you can buy an additional buck tag for the permit bow. please correct me if im wrong
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Arkbow

deer season

Post by Arkbow »

Arkansas season is oct 1 thru feb 28 with no breaks; some WMA close jan 31 but most goes thru feb 28; total deer is 4 but only 2 can be bucks and we have a 3 point system that requires a buck to have 3 points on one side for it to be legal;
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

Down here we begin Oct. 15 and go to Jan. 31---3 buck limit-- 2 doe per day---doing a quick calender check--Thats 3 bucks and and 210 does
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

oct 1 to dec 15 ....one antlerled/ antlerless tag and another bow doe tag....whooa ..may pick up another doe tag for another management unit too ....
mikej

Post by mikej »

one deer here no matter what weapon you use to get it. bow season runs from oct 1st to dec 15th
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
cajun

Post by cajun »

The season dates vary a little here (Louisiana) depending on what region you are hunting in. For me, it's from 1 Oct through 15 February. Can take 3 bucks and 3 does per season regardless of whether you use archery, primitive, or gun.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

If you count all of the days that a crossbow 'can be' used (including during the gun seasons), it comes to 66 days here in KY. As for the limits, throughout the entire state you're only allowed 1 antlered deer, the antlerless harvest varies by the zone designation (1-4). In Zone 1 counties (39 of the 120 counties in KY) there is NO LIMIT on antlerless deer. In Zones 2-4, there is a 4 deer limit (only 1 of which can be antlered).
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Here in my new "Home Away From Home" in Nova Scotia you can only use a crossbow during the regular deer hunting season (rifle season). It is about 5 weeks and you can take one deer.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!