walk carefully

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

thanks everyone.. ive been outside walking around. I just cant put full weight on it or do to much walking. It almost seems like the more I get up and move, the better its getting. I tried ice which worked pretty well.

if the problems dont go away tomorrow ill get it looked at, but I think its just a bad sprain.. hopefully thats all :D

Grizz, those crypus stumps are hell... I came across some in a bottom once and its like trying to get across a mine field!
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Sorry to here that I hope it gets better real soon.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

CF - try Aleve. Seriously. I have been on a prescription for it for years (only recently available OTC here) and the Dr. once told me that if I was out in the woods and twisted an ankle I should take 2 right away. If you can reduce the swelling, you'll increase the circulation which speeds the healing. So anti-inflammatories like Aleve (NSAIDs) are like putting heat and ice on at the same time. It can help minimize further damage from extended swelling/restricted circulation in the injured rea.

I followed his advice when I tore my ACL & MCL - 3 right ASAP and the physicians in emerg. were quite pleased that I did.

3 warnings for using NSAIDs:
- don't use if allergic to Aspirin
- best if taken with food as can irritate stomach.
- don't use if there is bleeding present as it "thins" the blood (can interfere with clotting - which like Aspirin can be good or bad depending on your condition).
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Esox

Post by Esox »

Oh Man, A Classic!!!!,,,,,, I think we've all done it at least one ... Only thing to do right away is Ice it, (I'm sure it's too late for that) but then alternate heat and cold and stay off it......A couple of Advils or better yet some vodka are useful too.....

.....One good thing it does is make you hunt slower!!!
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

Don't forget about the WIB process for pain, has been known to releive pain form mankind for decades just don't drive while using it!! That's Wiskey Ice and or, Beer.
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Quit wearing them REEBOKS in the woods and put your boots on :lol: didn't you just get a four wheel something, now you got an excuse to use it, hope it gets better

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmer

Re: post sub

Post by crazyfarmer »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:Quit wearing them REEBOKS in the woods and put your boots on :lol: didn't you just get a four wheel something, now you got an excuse to use it, hope it gets better

Wes
LOL.. I pulled my truck right up to this one.. actaully took the camera down which was about 10ft away from the truck.. turned and SNAP

atleast I didnt have to walk far after it happened.

but for an update, im out and about. I got an ankle brace which limits the side movement and im getting around good now.
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

All farmers bounce back quick. Sorry to hear about the ankle and can relate to it too well. It happened to me last year.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

On a serious note, Ice it for the first couple of days to reduce swelling, then heat. A sprain can take as long as a break to heel, a brace will help. and step litely.

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hope you heal up soon buddy . . .I'm nursing wrist tendonitis . . .Team Virginia may need some subs. :lol: :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

sorry to hear of your accident crazy, hope it all works out for you and nothing is broken
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Crazy: whens the last time you heard a STUMP go "snap"?? :wink: You getting old? :lol:
Just giving you a hard time :D Hope it heals fast for you man.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
spaerorob

Ankles

Post by spaerorob »

I had real problems with my ankles playing football(Australian rules) You can strap them. With proper strapping tape and believe me its amazing how much it takes the strain and side movement stress of the ankle. The strapping tape has no give(stretch) does restrict movement abit, but lets you get back out there(work etc). You strap with lateral pieces around bottom of foot and up leg ,then bind those together (tape around ankle and shin) a little hard to describe but im sure there must be a site if you google on ankle strain how to strap . Playing football there was allways a physio to do it. Good luck and the ice then warm works a treat to.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

OH, bad timing Crazy. You sound like the kind that would crawl to your stand if you had to. Have a speedy recovery and at least you can put weight on it.