Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

One shy of the redneck slam, had to settle for a hillbilly hat trick. Appalachian-American Appetizer Combo, if you will.

Not an official Cajun, but a fellow in my bow club is from southern Louisiana, and he made me an honorary Cajun several years ago (I believe the term he used was "coon***") due to my, um... willingness to shoot & eat anything that's legal. This was after I reached into a pond we were fishing & snatched out a snapping turtle that was nosing the fish basket. Asked him if he ever had fried turtle & his eyes lit up. That was a dumb question, of course he had!

Know what you mean about those $10 squirrels. Only shoot when they're on the ground or low on a tree trunk nowadays. Those bludgeon points are nice about bouncing right back where you can find 'em, and I've never busted an arrow using them. Ironically, the only arrow of the three I shot that day & didn't find was the one used to take the deer. It sailed off to who knows where. Gonna look again next time I'm out there since it still has a perfectly good slick trick attached to it. That head has only killed two deer it's not eligible for retirement yet.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

:lol: :lol: Congratulations, Never heard it put that way. But i am learning :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]