A Buck of a Lifetime

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arkbow

The buck

Post by Arkbow »

I will ALWAYS {Gods will} be looking for that buck over the "next" hill by doing this that means I'll always be huntin'.... :)
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

the buck of a lifetime nowdays is dependent upon your resources and the ability to afford some of the pay hunts, to many hunters the deer pictured in mike's early photo would still be a buck of a lifetime for the area that they hunt, whereas on private land where the herd and age class can be manipulated and controled we know now that there very well may be a better buck over the hill. for those hunting public land with very high hunting pressure a very nice 2 year old might well be the best they ever harvest..... BUT THAT DOES NOT KEEP US FROM LOOKING OVER THAT NEXT HILL HUH ?????
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Mike P wrote:
curmudgeon wrote:Don't hunt much any more as I"m 70 now
Curmudgeon, my father shot the buck of his lifetime when he was 78 years old so there is plenty of time left for you to do the same.

If you like, you can read the story here.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=21059
Read your story Mike and it was wonderful. Wish I had had a father like that.
Mine ran off to work in a cotton gin some where and never returned. I had a step-father who was jealous of me , so I went in the Navy at 17. Had to learn to hunt on my own. You were a very lucky person, thanks for your story.
I still intend to hunt all that these old bones can.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Great Story and I am still chaseing mine!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Great read Mike! Don't listen to Kenton he is adding weight, and losing points :roll:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Not to worry Fred.

The way he has been dressing for the hunt as of late makes one think he is better suited for hunting his prey at the Blue Oyster Bar.