Best place for bolts...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

I'll give a shout out for John on the site if you're in Canada. If you're in the US probably cheaper on shipping to get them from Crazy Farmer.

I picked up 6 2216 XX75s from John a month or so ago. I put them on my grain scale and they are all within less than 1 grain of each other. Workmanship is top notch.

You'll pay a little more for custom bolts/arrows but well worth it to know they will all shoot the same.

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
huntman

Post by huntman »

JOHN
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

John makes some good arrows no doubt. I've stopped making them untill after Jan 2nd here since I hunt very hard and I don't want to cut my hunting time right now. Ill pick back up on orders after then;).

Whether you go with john or me I think our wrapped bolts sell for 8-9 bucks each. If you want something cheap, just get some firebolts or gold tip laser 2s factory
saxman

Post by saxman »

I can't vouch for the work of either John or CF but i can vouch for the men and that's good enough for me.
I try to buy from forum members when they offer what I'm looking for.
If you are new here take the time to look in the trading post or ask questions about the great products made by the members here.
I got all my ARROWS together and I hope to have one of these gentelmen do them all up alike.I have 30 i think.
My favorite ones were made by Greywolf,they still shoot great.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Haven't bought arrows from either John or CF. II read that they are honorable men ad do a great job of making arrows. I have bought all my arrows from Wyvern Creations. They all shot exceptionally well and hold up terrific.
Price is very good although I do not buy with cost being the deciding factor. I try to buy the best I can as I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for.
Buy cheap you get cheap!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

The best way to get good inexpensive arrows is to make your own. Both John and CrazyFarmer have stellar reputations on here.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Big John

m

Post by Big John »

Maybe down there Bob, but not up here. For the price you buy everything, for and materials, jigs, glues, etc. Or pay $60.00 for a custom built set. Not much difference at all. A set of Arrows off the shelf, Factory normals $60.00 from the store. Same price. The math is easy. :wink:
If someone wants to build a set themselves, go for it, but the savings arent what they think. If you do your own, its only for your own enjoyment, not cost savings. :wink: :) Misleading people isnt they way to go. Arrow makers make nothing per set to speak of. I do it for pride mostly. and seeing people use my stuff to accomplish what they expect from their Bows.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Arrows are cheap and easy to make, after spending the big bucks and buying the jig of choice you can whip up arrows very inexpensively.
The big trick is making consistant arrows, seems lots of guys aim for "shelf appearance", pretty arrows, but skip the steps that make arrows consistant.
Look back at the threads that are aimed at hunters spending money on "pretty" items, and skipping functional. For instance the latest "hunter or hunted".
When I make arrows for myself I spend an hour or so squaring shafts, honing down carbon so weights are exact, not close. After spending 6 hours making half dozen arrows I could not imagine trying to sell them. Wraps and pretty colors are for hunters eyes, fancy names are part of the illusion, just like the tens of thousands of other items on sale for hunters.
A good arrow is one you make for yourself, take the time to shape it to match the one before and when your done the cost and time mean absolutly nothing.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I just got 1/2 doz from Horizontal Archery. $ 36.00. These were complete with 4"vanes and the brass inserts at the weight of my choice. Complete with tips and ready to shoot. GT II's.

They did not have wraps.

Long
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I had everything to make arrows, had done it for probably 20 years for compound shooting, some of that time I made them for an archery store (they supplied the materials). Although I have not made any for probably 5 years now. But I have not looked at buying brass inserts, flat nocks etc...I shot Blazer 2" vanes out of the compound and they are expensive.
I still have one Bitz, but would need componants and glue.

How would you rate xbow shafts quality wise? Probably only carbons not aluminums.

Long
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I still have my aluminum arrow straightener :roll: But with carbons they are either straight or broke. I like that alot. I still have a few aluminums, 2215, 2312 maybe a couple 2213. But most are carbons.

Long