Jaguar Crossbows...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Re: Jaguar Crossbows...

Post by awshucks »

"Bob, the Nailer" whilst true here a lot, that's also a character in a book by Steven Hunter. Both are good reads!
"Eze 18:21"
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Well heard from my brother today.... His super quiet bow Jaguar bow, as I suspected it would be, turns out to be a slow by today's CB standards. The claim is 310 fps as per the Sportsman's Guide online catalog Guide, the result was 208 fps. No surprise to me but shocked my brother.

Ref. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/1 ... x?a=508885

Take care...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup just as i said about 210 fps! Better him than me! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
pikemaster

Post by pikemaster »

Love to be able to agree with any of you on the Jaguar crossbow,BUT the Jaguar is "NOT" a piece of junk as stated, by probably someone who hasn't owned or shot one.I do own one and have shot many others and I can say truthfully that the jag is well worth the money.With that being said ,I'll state that the Excaliburs are somewhat better built and have a good warranty that the Jaguar doesn't ,but you will NEVER find a crossbow of this quality at anywhere near the price.And the speed is right up there out of mine at around the stated speed with the smaller 16'' bolts.Mine will blow thru a deer at 25 yards as well as any, and that's all the distants I need to hunt from where I live in Northern Michigan.I will say that the Excaliburs are my crossbow of choice,but to put down such a well made and accurate weapon as the Jaguar is uncalled for.If money is an issue or to start a new crossbow hunter out at a reasonable priced CB,the Jaguar is and excellant choice.And for the idiot that states he can't see a recurve crossbow shoot at high speeds ,has he ever looked at the Excaliburs ?? Bottom line is: I'd give mine 5 Stars for the money and quality !
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

SOMEWHAT better built :lol: :lol: :lol: and have a GOOD warranty. :lol: :lol: :lol: this whole post started with a guy getting a jaguar a ripping his brother because he thought he made a better buy.over excalibur.i don't care what kind it is if it's from CHINA it's JUNK!!!!!!!!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

How very interesting that you decided to use this six month old thread as your first post pikemaster. Just the same, welcome to the forum.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
pikemaster

Post by pikemaster »

Just thought I'd add that if your driving an "American auto" just how many parts found in it are made in China ? Junk !You can't get away from China made products idiot!! And if you ahd a half a brain you would know that the Jaguar isn't made in China.Before you open your mouth again Muskyman454 you might want to know what you are talking about.OH ! and by the way ,I'll bet I can kill just as many deer,just as dead as anything else on the market with the jag.It sounds as if you got bit off a few too many times muskyboy ! LOL.
pikemaster

Post by pikemaster »

And just wanted to say NICE truck One shot ! That is one of the old mostly before China parts trucks.Have had many older Chevys and as a matter of fact still own a couple.And Thanks for the welcome.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

pikemaster wrote:Just thought I'd add that if your driving an "American auto" just how many parts found in it are made in China ? Junk !You can't get away from China made products idiot!! And if you ahd a half a brain you would know that the Jaguar isn't made in China.Before you open your mouth again Muskyman454 you might want to know what you are talking about.OH ! and by the way ,I'll bet I can kill just as many deer,just as dead as anything else on the market with the jag.It sounds as if you got bit off a few too many times muskyboy ! LOL.
Friend yer entitled to yer opinion, but the name callin isn't really needed. If'en you got abit ruffled about anothers post wait til you cool abit & then post yer answer rebuttle. We have a good Forum & good ppl. you have a good one
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Late model North American vehicles? Hecho en Mexico.after market parts are made in china and they are inferior quality like everything else made there. they make them so cheap that warranty doesnt exsist, replacement is neccessary. By the time you do that it would have been cheaper to buy the real deal.
wabi

Post by wabi »

The crossbow actually looks a bit like a Barnett Panzer in design.
Perhaps not the best available, but they launch an arrow.

http://www.barnettcrossbows.com/product/panzer-v
wabi
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

no problem here i will not buy anything from there if it can be avoided because if you do you will be buying it one more time in the near future.as for the bow i don't know where it was made and i don't care.what i said was IF its from china it's JUNK as for the name calling i have been called worse by better people......MUSKYBOY :lol: :lol: :lol:
strum

Post by strum »

Just to add my two cents..i have a friend with one. His wife wanted to get him a crossbow for Christmas and against my advise thats what she bought..
after looking at it and shooting it, ill say it will kill a deer and since it was a gift from his wife ill not try to belittle it to him..But I wouldnt trade my excal for 50 of em..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Power stoke is to short to get a chance to transfer much energy to the arrow . A friend had a similar model Barnett. The trajectory was not too impressive .