miss vixen is ready Boo & awshucks !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Re: miss vixen is ready Boo & awshucks !

Post by awshucks »

DaGriz wrote:Dammit! Sounds like I am going to miss one helluva good time. Got my pig "pig sticker" all sharpened up. Offered it to Don to use but he mumbles something about me being certifiably insane to even suggest him hunting hogs with a knife.

I think he needs to "man up" and step up to the task at hand :D Mike, you can explain the finer points of sticking a hog with a knife! :D

You gentlemen have a great time and make sure to take lots of pictures! Hopefully my ancient arse can make it next year!
All my forum buddies and buddyettes are welcome here. Sorry you can't make this one Darryl, was lookin fwd to meeting you face to face.

I'll try to return Don and Mike in good shape, no promises on Don, lol. I was short a few bits, so went to town today and got a new bag target for 20 yds and bail money. Doubt I'll need the bail $ but another buddy [Alton] was here w/ his 'new' Jennings Devastator and while playing w/ it. I shot through my 20 yd bag target that I'd pulled all the known tricks on, I.E. drive over it w/ pkup and put a ratchet strap around perimeter, still nearly hit my wood splitter w/ pass thru. Wouldn't that have been unfortunate? lol. I've nearly lived the 4 whlr thing down thanks to all the new folks that have no idea what we are talking about. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [Beautiful recurve, ugly shot attempt by me]

Wish us luck on the squealers.

Gee, reminds me of my 'Hold my Beer and Watch this' days, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am loading the Burb up fer the trip in between my posting. Hope to leave here by 6 am & be at awshucks by no later than 2:30 pm tomorrow. :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Aw Geez, here's the 1st go-round, a couple years ago, warning: 6-7 pages of nonsense, but damn! we had fun!

For the new folks:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... t=hey+mike
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

So Boo is bringing down that backwards limbed Bow to shoot. Spect he be serious about not letting us out shoot him this time around. :lol: He be needing 4 rabbits foots 5 horseshoes & 492 4 leaf clovers! Won't do him no good ya just can't outshoot Hill Billys that live off the land fer their meat in their meals :lol: :lol: :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

Darrel, there are fine points of sticking a pig? You gotta be kidding :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Don
Sticking an angry hot is an art in quickness and avoidance! You must depend on your partner to grab the hog by it's hind feet and flip it on to it's side. You ( the sticker) must quickly run to the hog( stickee) and stab it behind the front shoulder, deep enough to get into the heart/lungs, moving the knife around top do enough damage to create a mortal wound; while avoiding getting bit or slashed with it's tusks.

A great adrenalin rush and very exciting! :D
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Tom

Post by Tom »

smokepolehall wrote:So Boo is bringing down that backwards limbed Bow to shoot. Spect he be serious about not letting us out shoot him this time around. :lol: He be needing 4 rabbits foots 5 horseshoes & 492 4 leaf clovers! Won't do him no good ya just can't outshoot Hill Billys that live off the land fer their meat in their meals :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Mike ..... Remember that as a guest there Boo will be like the rest of us Guests last time, he will let you and Awshucks win the shooting contests :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ........ Well that is my story and I am sticking to it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan how many hats do think that Don will go through this trip. DO you think that he will take is favorite with him when you go out visiting your local establishments. That was all fun back then.

Good luck and get ya all a little pig and leave those snakes alone.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Quick update:

Got a ton of pics to download, we all three got a hog. Short on time this a.m. the troops are meeting for breakfast shortly and heading out. More to come later, y'all ain't gonna believe what happened to Don.
Tom

Post by Tom »

awshucks wrote:Quick update:
............................., y'all ain't gonna believe what happened to Don.
Ya Wanna BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha With you and Mike there to pick on Don anything could happen and I bet there are many pictures as well. Congrats on the Hogs and who stuck the pig with the knife. :D :D :D :D
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Tom wrote:
awshucks wrote:Quick update:
............................., y'all ain't gonna believe what happened to Don.
Ya Wanna BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha With you and Mike there to pick on Don anything could happen and I bet there are many pictures as well. Congrats on the Hogs and who stuck the pig with the knife. :D :D :D :D
Tom, the knife thingy was a joke. A tiny tweak w/o being an outright fabrication as he could have knifed one w/ dogs. He may wish he had, see the other thread.