Post by vixenmaster »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Keating

Re: Next problem

Post by Keating »

No Problem.

Just read back what I wrote, and realized it kinda sounded like I was slaggin Stihl's lower end saws, and I didn't intend to. I actually have a MS210 that has cut it's worth in wood, and owes me nothing, but I might go through 5 gallons of gas in it a season.

Hope you enjoy the new brush saw.
Boo wrote: Thank you. I've owned a Stihl Farm Boss and have just bought a Stihl this morning with a metal blade. :mrgreen: I can't use a bush hog because I have to be articulate with what I cut.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Keating wrote:No Problem.

Just read back what I wrote, and realized it kinda sounded like I was slaggin Stihl's lower end saws, and I didn't intend to. I actually have a MS210 that has cut it's worth in wood, and owes me nothing, but I might go through 5 gallons of gas in it a season.

Hope you enjoy the new brush saw.
Boo wrote: Thank you. I've owned a Stihl Farm Boss and have just bought a Stihl this morning with a metal blade. :mrgreen: I can't use a bush hog because I have to be articulate with what I cut.
As you know from the name of the saw it's been around for a while but it is a good one and expect it to be around till I can't handle it anymore, unless it bites me again! LOL! I have a constant reminder on my leg to wear cutting chaps!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Boo;
You sure are problem prone. The stihl in anything is the way to go. I never heard of the dissapointed customer. Just pick the right attachment and lay out your money and you are good to go. Your eldest son, Mike. :lol: :wink:
Boo

Post by Boo »

agingcrossbower wrote:Boo;
You sure are problem prone. The stihl in anything is the way to go. I never heard of the dissapointed customer. Just pick the right attachment and lay out your money and you are good to go. Your eldest son, Mike. :lol: :wink:
Hehehehehe, I'll adopt you when I open up the canopy and more browse becomes available. I'll give you an upper bedroom with a balcony! :lol: :lol: :lol: But you have to use sub-sonic ammo!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I bought a 14" Stihl chainsaw about 12 years ago, then a Stihl weedeater a year later from the local dealer. Both are very used looking now (dirty & worn) and not very impressive looking to the neighbors when I use them, but I have never had any repairs done to either, (other than routine maintenance like sharpening the chain on the saw or replacing the spring I lost for the weedeater's line spool). I use the Stihl pre-measured oil in the fuel, Stihl chain oil, Stihl weedeater line, and never have a complaint with performance.
I've heard another brand is better, but I'm not sure I'll live long enough to wear these out, so I may never get to try another brand. :lol: :lol:
(I wouldn't switch, anyway. Our local Stihl dealer offers sales AND SERVICE, and the dealer for the other brand is sales only. :wink: )
wabi
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Boo

A friend of mine has one of those DR brand field and brush cutters like is advertised on TV. That machine does a good job on thick brush, small saplings, etc.

Don't know how much of a job you have but paying someone with a tractor and bush hog may be the best and quickest solution for clearing the area.

Dave
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Get a couple of goats and cable them in! They will have the underbrush gone in no time!
Why ride when you can walk!
Boo

Post by Boo »

groundpounder wrote:Get a couple of goats and cable them in! They will have the underbrush gone in no time!
Are you serious Todd? Would that work? You're kidding?
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

He's not kidding, I've had them with collars on a chain like a dog, just have to be careful around trees, any low limbs they can climb on they will, had one hang itself once, I'm not kidding either. I don't know how they will fare with the yotes or what ever?

Wes
Last edited by Limbs and Sticks on Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Careful Don, putting goat on a rope may be considered baiting. Salamis, Ethiopians (Ukranians, me) love em :D .

Back when I was in JC's (long, long ago) we staked a goat out in a buddies place of business as part of a local tourism even. He had the last laugh, had in made into sausage and fed it back to us on poker night. :lol:
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

No, not kidding. If you have them on a rope they will more than likely chew through it. Maybe a dog run cable might work better. If there would be a way to pen them in small areas at a time that would be best. They can be difficult to keep in a poor made pen though. The buggers can find a way out of most anything. If given the time the goats will have about everything cleared as high as they can reach on their back legs.
Why ride when you can walk!
Boo

Post by Boo »

groundpounder wrote:No, not kidding. If you have them on a rope they will more than likely chew through it. Maybe a dog run cable might work better. If there would be a way to pen them in small areas at a time that would be best. They can be difficult to keep in a poor made pen though. The buggers can find a way out of most anything. If given the time the goats will have about everything cleared as high as they can reach on their back legs.
Would a coyote bother with a goat?
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

You got to get a mean as he-- goat horns and everything :lol: I don't think a single yote can harm it.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A goat is one of the best defences to a coyote problem, many farmers keep a goat on hand to keep the coyotes at bay during crucial times, like birthing.
You Stihl guys sure have things backwards though, they certainly make terrific trimmers, I have a FS81 that is a dream come true for yard work, especially when there is a couple/few hours of trimming to do. But for chainsaws, my Husqvarna makes a Stihl look like a kids toy. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string