Installing STS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: Installing STS

Post by vixenmaster »

I looked on miss vixen & didn't find any STS thingy attached, i was worried cause i didn't want that horrible bungle on my Bow, :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
RANGER94

Post by RANGER94 »

Does anyone manufacture custom bumpers that would actually make this device work???
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

What it has come down to from what I know.(sometimes that isn't much) The rods that WERE being made can no longer be mfg due to patents on a product that isnt mfg correctly. The rods and stoppers have to be cut. The stoppers that are on the STS i just got this week will be changed to a better stopper. Bottom line, we pay $50+ for 2 mounting blocks.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day l'm glad l read this, l'll wait for excalibur to finish making there's & hope bill has nutted out all the cutting & tucking issues you blokes have had to deal with & l hope there's no loss of accuracy either...
Last edited by blackjack on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

My plan was also to wait. After seeing a wax build up on the riser of my Equinox. After adjusteding the brace to the HIGHEST mark and putting a thin coat of string wax on the track close to the riser I was still finding the string (FFF and the new string from Wyvern) was still making enough travel to keep hitting the riser. Out of concern of breaking the serving from hitting the riser or traveling over the seam where the riser and barrel meet something had to be done ASAP to fix this problem since Doe opens this coming sat. I ground the rods down abit over a 1/8 inch and cut of that bullshit " I wanna look high tech" track from the front of the stoppers..

Someone is sending me a new pair of FLAT stoppers to fix my headache.. After I did the the rods and removed the track from the stoppers, it's shooting nice and still hitting shafts at 40 and 50yrds. How long the stoppers that I have on now last is the question. I know once I receive the new stoppes I will need to cut the rods abit more. Right now I left them on the long side incase the replacement stoppers are shorter. I have the brace set about a string space within the top brace line. I would like to thank everyone for the tips and help on getting this problem fixed.
RANGER94

Post by RANGER94 »

I am returning mine today.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Ranger, Did your also have the groved stoppers? Double check your string travel before you send them back.If you are getting a long string travel you may wanna work with them.
Hendu2875

Post by Hendu2875 »

I ended up Cutting mine, because the 1/4 above High Brace height just didnt cut it..Now that I'm back to where i was before , I'm shooting Great...
RANGER94

Post by RANGER94 »

whoops sorry about the delay in a response. I sent mine back on Monday of this week. Similar to your findings, my brace height was to low (back towards the trigger). Sorry I am still new to the crossbow world. It was well behind the second tick mark. I did not feel comfortable with that set up. I also noticed that even though I had the bumpers pretty well torqued tight, the bumpers did have a tendency to move. That was just one more thing I had to keep an eye one, since, if the bumpers moved, the string would no longer fit into the groove.

I am going to wait and see what Excalibur comes out with.

Although I did have a pretty good chuckle with the STS annoucement of new stocks. I thought that was hilarious. I bit my tongue on my responses.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Why bite your tounge? When you step in dog crap ypu say " I stepped in dog crap" when it's crap, it's crap.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I think I will make another set like the one I copied from Sumner. They worked good for me and are still working well for my son.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

Kelley
Can you share info about the one's you make?

I have a couple ideas floating around the brain. I am a woodworker and do some orthopedic work. I was thinking of something more flexible from the mount to the stopping surface.

Inquiring minds need to know???
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Lakelover wrote:Kelley
Can you share info about the one's you make?

I have a couple ideas floating around the brain. I am a woodworker and do some orthopedic work. I was thinking of something more flexible from the mount to the stopping surface.

Inquiring minds need to know???

Wood and rubber combined to make sts, go for it you

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
beisch

Post by beisch »

i just ordered sts from bow hunters warehouse,says they are made for excalibur.hope they work, i guess if they dont fit i now know how to put them on from you guys
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Maybe Sumner will share a picture with us. It is basically a L shape piece of metal with the old style Limbsaver split-limb noise supressor. I gave mine to my son with my Exomax.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire