Why Camo?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

EQUINOXHNTERVA

Re: Why Camo?

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

They have a calendar they knew you were not hunting. :lol: :lol: Like the post. And I'm thinking what did hunters do years ago with no camo, how did they ever harvest a animal? You look at old hunting photos they mostly wore red and black shirts and some sort of solid color wool pants. Times have changed. :D But maybe not for the best. How many among us have shot a deer in a pair of white sneakers a white shirt a baseball cap and a pair of blue jeans. I know I have.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

bstout wrote:I get a chuckle out of the folks who look like they just stepped off the cover of a Cabelas catalog.

The haven't "pooped in a week" facial expression really adds to the picture also. I'm guessing that's the new "tough guy" look.

Staring off into the distance, wondering when he'll have his next bowel movement. :lol:
I don't know Bob, Laura here seems to have a pretty strong argument.. :D
Laura Francese is an accomplished hunter and archer.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Because it is FUN :D :D
Tenpoint Matrix
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

She is a very attractive Lady. But she is not shooting an Excalibur!!

Now for the Trivia. My youngest Daughter was having eye surgery. Very friendly Doctor. I mentioned some many years ago. When joining the reserves, the eye guy said I was Red defficent. I thought he was wrong.

The Doc did a quick color check on my eyes and said I had great color vision. I made some comment about being " color Blind" and not get drafted back into the forces.

He said the best spotters were color blind, as the color did not break up the patterns. The shape and stance were easy to see.

I watched a documentry on National Geo Channel it was about dog and cat's sight. They only see shades of green and blue. Very interesting.

Gives you a new perspective of camo.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

[/quote]Laura Francese is an accomplished hunter and archer.

Image[/quote]

That camo is disgusting, The top does not match the bottom. I insist that Laura takes it off.....And its true that real hunters dont need camo. Take Jessica Beil here....
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
secret

Post by secret »

My "RUT" just started after veiwing her photos!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

My camo now is a ghillie suit; wear carhart clothing underneath and can't say enough about how well ghillie suits work;
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

We've all hunted wearing hunter orange. I've had deer within 10 yards of me when I was on the ground wearing hunter orange. I've slipped out after work wearing an orange jacket with blue jeans and sneakers and had success. Camo helps sometimes, but it is hardly a necessity to be successful.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Here is something interesting ,

This photo was taken this past week bear hunting. This hunter spent a week 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon and never seen a bear. The bear were hitting the bait at all hours all around him sitting in the stand. One evening he decided to check out the bait for tracks before he left and this is what the camera pic'ed up

He is wareing head to toe camo

Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That is UV, a topic I happen to enjoy. Believe in it, it is there.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

the main reason why i just use baking soda to wash my hunting clothes in, instead of the regular detergent with all that fosferous and other junk in it.... hold a uv light up to your clothes and see what the deer see if you use regular detergent :shock: , it'll be like you are under a black light at night club :lol: ..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Boo

Post by Boo »

The only camo I believe works is ASAT but Predator comes close. There are principles of camoflauge that these two follow but most others do not. The only problem with ASAT is that it is not trendy.
http://www.asatcamo.com/
Some people just like stepping on rakes