What to do with lost dog? (OWNER FOUND)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: What to do with lost dog?

Post by wheelie »

GaryM wrote:I think all dogs should be micro chipped. And all vets and humane society offices should be required to check for chips on every dog that comes through the door. No more lost or dumped dogs. My 2-cents.
With all due respect, I disagree with you. My bloodhound has such lose skin the micro chip would move around and could dig or irritate the dog. Thats why most bloodhounds are tattooed instead. But basicly a tattoo is a chip.
Tom

Post by Tom »

evaughan wrote:
CDN Taxman wrote:Check for tatoos and take him to a vet to be scanned for a microchip! Some people are no where near as smart as you may think!

Good luck!

Mike

+1, run away dogs show up where I work from time to time (1-2 per year) I drive them down the road to the vet clinic, they wave the reader over them and bingo, name, address everything for owner.....that is, if they are chipped.
Yes chips for a hound are a great thing. Most vets will scan for free on a lost or found dog. Also if there is a noticable tatoo, the Canadian Kennel Club will help track down owners but that method is not fast.

Good luck in finding its home.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Yesterday afternoon a very pretty gal showed up on my doorstep looking for her dog. I crossed paths with her before while in the bush, her on horseback. She lives one house past where I stopped my door to door crusade, of course.
His name is Danny, 2 years old and home now.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
one shot scott

Re: What to do with lost dog? (OWNER FOUND)

Post by one shot scott »

Im glad you found the owner David, even if it meant loosing potential pet. Hey, Ive got 2 great danes, you want one?? :lol: They make great lap dogs :lol: :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

one shot scott wrote:Im glad you found the owner David, even if it meant loosing potential pet. Hey, Ive got 2 great danes, you want one?? :lol: They make great lap dogs :lol: :lol:

I'll take the one that likes me.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
Tom

Post by Tom »

one shot scott wrote:Im glad you found the owner David, even if it meant loosing potential pet. Hey, Ive got 2 great danes, you want one?? :lol: They make great lap dogs :lol: :lol:
Wondering HOW BIG is your lap ............

UGGGGGGGGG second thought .......... trying to get rid of that night mare thought

LOL
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

NewGuy wrote:

I'll take the one that likes me.

NewGuy is the dog whisperer, if anyone needs one. I expect we will see him on the TV show soon and his celebrity status will explode!! I hope you never outgrow the excal forum Chris.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Glad to hear puppy dog made it home safely.
His owner must have been quite relieved.
Good job!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

wheelie wrote:
GaryM wrote:I think all dogs should be micro chipped. And all vets and humane society offices should be required to check for chips on every dog that comes through the door. No more lost or dumped dogs. My 2-cents.
With all due respect, I disagree with you. My bloodhound has such lose skin the micro chip would move around and could dig or irritate the dog. Thats why most bloodhounds are tattooed instead. But basicly a tattoo is a chip.
I didn't know that about bloodhounds. Okay, all dogs should be either chipped or tattooed. Glad the beagle made it back home. Gary
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Good to hear!
The best things in life are not things!!
FJB

Post by FJB »

Glad the dog made it home
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Sorry that you couldn't keep the pup, but am glad to hear it's been reunited with it's owner!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

BRAVO to you, Danny and his family...good Karma on you Pyd!
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!