A great member and friend

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LUDDY

Re: A great member and friend

Post by LUDDY »

Ray,
Sorry to hear the news I will pray for you and your family. Good luck and you will beat this.
God speed

John
2010 Ibex
Groundponder Mount
Firebolts
G5 montecs
Varizone scope
S5 string stop

Remember life is short take somebody hunting
wabi

Post by wabi »

Will ask Creator to be with you Ray!

I've been getting borderline to slightly elevated PSA levels (indicates possible prostate cancer) on my blood tests for about a year now. Could be infection, or it could be the beginning of cancer?
I wasn't too concerned, but I just found out my cousin (dad's brother's son) who is a year older than me had prostate cancer. (Had surgery this past summer, and is doing fine now.)
Dad died of cancer, Mom had breast cancer (but beat it!), so I keep getting checkups! :roll:

The good thing is that they have progressed with treatment to the point it's more of an inconvenience than the life-threatening disease it was 30 or 40 years ago.
wabi
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

wabi wrote:................The good thing is that they have progressed with treatment to the point it's more of an inconvenience than the life-threatening disease it was 30 or 40 years ago.
Bingo!

I've got a long time hunting buddy that is going thorugh Interferon treatment for Melanoma right now. It is wearing him down, but he is tough and will fight it through the 11 months of treatment. The first month is really tough as it is daily visits to the doc for 1 1/2 hour intraveinous treatments. After that it is 10 months of giving himself shot 3 times a week.

Modern medicine is wonderful...but it still doesn't beat prayers...

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Ray, I am so sorry to hear the news.You and the family are all in my prayers.I know that it seems like you have had so much more than your fair share of troubles. I dont know why things like this happen, just as I dont know why many things are as they are. I do know that you have the whole forum pulling for you,and you have a world of love at home.Let your wife and kiddos be your inspiration to keep fighting!You have fought long and hard and I know that you have some left in you. I dont have answers as to how this will all work out,but I have faith that it will work out. If there is anything that I can do, please dont hesitate to ask,and I feel like that will go for most if not all other forum members.We are here for you, just like you have been there for others in their time of need.Praying for you.Paul
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Ray, you and your family are always in our prayers. We will keep praying specifically for your health situation. Keep us posted and kick that "c" word in the you-know-what! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

I hope & pray for a speedy and full recovery for you Ray!!
The best things in life are not things!!