1st year x bow hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Re: 1st year x bow hunting

Post by chris4570 »

By the sounds of it you won't have much to learn. 250 kills says you already know how to hunt, and are skilled in the woods. You should be good to go after a few hours of practice.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
bowhunter1

Post by bowhunter1 »

the hunting part i am confident with, i want to learn as much as possible about my equipment so i don't make crossbows look bad because of lack of knowledge. i have heard talk about the bolts loosing ke alot faster than a arrow and i do not want to push the range of effectiveness. i am really looking forward to getting in the woods this sept.!!!!!!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Just remember if you wouldn't take the shot with your bowtech...don't take it with your x-bow!!
Good luck and keep us posted!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
strum

Post by strum »

bowhunter1 wrote:the hunting part i am confident with, i want to learn as much as possible about my equipment so i don't make crossbows look bad because of lack of knowledge. i have heard talk about the bolts loosing ke alot faster than a arrow and i do not want to push the range of effectiveness. i am really looking forward to getting in the woods this sept.!!!!!!
I have heard that also but im not sure why or if its true..anybody want to weigh in on this theory that bolts(crossbow arrows) lose energy faster than vertical arrows?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

strum wrote:
bowhunter1 wrote:the hunting part i am confident with, i want to learn as much as possible about my equipment so i don't make crossbows look bad because of lack of knowledge. i have heard talk about the bolts loosing ke alot faster than a arrow and i do not want to push the range of effectiveness. i am really looking forward to getting in the woods this sept.!!!!!!
I have heard that also but im not sure why or if its true..anybody want to weigh in on this theory that bolts(crossbow arrows) lose energy faster than vertical arrows?

It's true . . .the arrows are thicker, thus more wind resistance. They slow down a little faster.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bowhunter1

Post by bowhunter1 »

alright here is another question, then i am heading to the target for some more shoot'n. my fire bolts are said to be moving at 350 fps. i really like the job the sidewinder broadhead did when shot from my compound many dead animals from them, lots of blood very short trail! :) will i get the same result when i shoot this broadhead from my equinox?, and do i have to double band it? result being after a good shot has been made. i am worrying about the blade either opening too soon, or not on impact due to heavier banding? i have never had a issue with this broadhead in many years of hunting.and i love the wound channel they create!!!!!!!!