Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 36

Dash

Re: Broken Arrows

Post by Dash »

I use carbon powerbolts. I haven't had any come out while hunting. But had a few when hitting the backing board of targets and then trying to remove them, so that wasn't too much of a surprise. Looking at them It seemed the glue was used too sparingly. Hard to say really.
David XP

Post by David XP »

LOCKTITE STILL HOLDIN' 300 SHOTS LATER!!!
Exomax 11
S5
Lumi Zone
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I've had inserts come loose on Lasers GIIs and have heard that Firebolts also have that tendency just shooting at targets. However as for my Carbon Express arrows, I can't say I lost an insert or had one break, even when shooting at deer. Got to love them Carbon Express, they're one tough arrow.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
M.J.M.

Post by M.J.M. »

one shot scott wrote:inserts coming out of arrows is part of bowhunting :D high speeds, sudden stops, glue break-down.. many things contribute to it. Buy some gorilla glue and re-do the inserts in your arrows if you want them to NEVER come apart again! The manufacturers must use a glue that makes it possible to remove inserts if you want to swap them out or tune 'em. problem is that you may lose some.
Do you use the regular expanding gorilla glue or the gorilla super glue with blue cap.
I have a few to repair. M.J.M.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Almost all my arrow failures have been with carbons. Not saying carbons are not good, just saying it's becoming obvious to me they DO require much more attention to detail when assembling them, and require the proper (good quality) components for top performance.
I've had shafts break, inserts pull out, and fletching fall off, so being a bit on the lazy side I went back to aluminums. :lol:

I did have one batch of aluminum shafts (purchased used from eBay) a few years ago that would not allow fletching glue to bond? I had to sand them well and crest dip them with laquer before I could use them. My guess was age and oxidation had damaged the factory finish.
After that I tried crest dipping carbons and had much better luck with fletching, but the inserts were still a problem. :roll:
wabi