Can't get new Axiom to cock.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Re: Can't get new Axiom to cock.....

Post by awshucks »

Look for the vid uncocking w/ rope cocker. You only use one handle/hook, can be your 'good' arm, and they uncock easier than you're gonna believe until you try it!

Took me months to work up the nerve w/ my Emax. :oops:
"Eze 18:21"
sacfo

Re: Can't get new Axiom to cock.....

Post by sacfo »

awshucks, I ordered a C2 type crank a couple days ago, after I demonstrated the Axiom to my grandson. Wife told me to spend the money, and I did not want to make her mad, so it made a good excuse.

Uncocking any of the Excalibur's with the "rope" sounds exciting. Luckily I can step out on my patio and see 5 bales of hay .... 40 yards away. Easy to unload there.

We have a Portuguese Water Dog (7 years old) who is my Service Dog/Medic Alert Dog/Therapy Dog and all around companion. My wife trains dogs for Vietnam Vets (no charge through our church).... so I was thinking about training her to retrieve the bolts. Fear of her injury and fear of her breaking the bolt convinced me to forget it. When my wife had her knee replaced in 2007, she spent a couple of hours teaching her to take the clothes out of the dryer, put them in a basket, then pull the basket to the back of our house. I have photos. This little girl (Tolly) is smarter than some of our kids. She has saved my life several times already. But to pull my bolts out of a hay bale??? I dunno.

Thanks for the suggestion....