Boo's stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Re: Boo's stock

Post by agingcrossbower »

j.krug wrote:Sorry to hear you've been done like that after all your hard work and efforts!!
What a bunch of idiots!
If there is no way for you to convince them it is archery equipment and they won't let it be exported they should at least give you back YOUR property.
What a bunch of crooks!! :twisted:
Oh, I tried to tell them it was a crossbow stock but the case manager would not hear me. Just kept repeating the procedure to get it back. As Boo would say, a kunt.
agingcrossbower

OK, I will send 250.00 to those crooks and see if I can screw it up someother way. How do you prepay a federal express package so it can be sent to you??????
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

agingcrossbower wrote:OK, I will send 250.00 to those crooks and see if I can screw it up someother way. How do you prepay a federal express package so it can be sent to you??????
Are you saying they will ship it back to you...if you pay $250??
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
agingcrossbower

j.krug wrote:
agingcrossbower wrote:OK, I will send 250.00 to those crooks and see if I can screw it up someother way. How do you prepay a federal express package so it can be sent to you??????
They are calling the 250.00 a non redeemable fine. I also have to somehow send them postage for the package to be sent to me. Hope that expalins it.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

What a screwy mess! Agin, I feel for you. Don't give up.....Do what you must to get the damn thing back, document the travesty, then contact your Congess critter, get their email addy and then between all the xbow forums, we'll flood it.

That's the Irish in me. 1st, minimize your losses. Sounds like Federales to me.

Once you get it back [we're also eternal optimists, lol] find someone who crosses regularly to take it from the States so you can skip the Federales, lol.

Good luck, Bud!

p.s. call Fed-Ex [use atracking #]

Just saw your latest post, non redeemable fine for what offense?
"Eze 18:21"
Boo

Post by Boo »

awshucks wrote:What a screwy mess! Agin, I feel for you. Don't give up.....Do what you must to get the damn thing back, document the travesty, then contact your Congess critter, get their email addy and then between all the xbow forums, we'll flood it.

Once you get it back [we're also eternal optimists, lol] find someone who crosses regularly to take it from the States so you can skip the Federales, lol.

Good luck, Bud!

Dan, we are just going to leave this alone.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

Boo wrote:
awshucks wrote:What a screwy mess! Agin, I feel for you. Don't give up.....Do what you must to get the damn thing back, document the travesty, then contact your Congess critter, get their email addy and then between all the xbow forums, we'll flood it.

Good luck, Bud!

Dan, we are just going to leave this alone.
Don;
Scott has got me going on this again. He is on it like a bloodhound in heat. He changed my mind back to sending the money and giving it a go. Sorry for the confusion, its just that its confusing. :roll: :)
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Do not send any money . . .not yet . . .you can request the "fine" to be waived. I'm checking into it.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

agingcrossbower wrote:
j.krug wrote:
They are calling the 250.00 a non redeemable fine. I also have to somehow send them postage for the package to be sent to me. Hope that expalins it.
Ok, I see now. What a bunch of crooks!! :twisted:
I hope sumner can find a rose in this pile of crap for you!! Good luck aging.
Last edited by j.krug on Thu May 12, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Boo

Post by Boo »

Whatever you want Mike. The very last think I want is a friend stressed over a material object.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

j.krug wrote:
I hope sumner can find a rose in this pile of crap fpr you!! Good luck aging.

We may have found a rose . . .still has a lot of thorns on it, but, hopefully, we got this worked out.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

What an unfortunate mix up.

The problem arises because of USA export laws. Firearms related stuff, with some exemptions, cannot be exported from the USA without a permit. The Customs folks on the US side jumped to the erroneous conclusion that this was a firearms part and made their seizure.

I'm a lawyer, but not a USA lawyer, so I don't know about procedures on the south side of the border. However, there MUST be a procedure for appealing the determination that the object seized was firearms related. That's got to be the starting point here. Win that argument and the authority to seize and to levy a "fine" disappears.

Find out the Appeal procedure so that the ruling that it was a firearm related part can be reviewed. Then it's a matter of evidence to offer, showing that it's not a gun stock but a cross bow stock. Photos of the item, with measurements, and an opinion by an expert, should carry the day. I'd bet that our host, Bill T would be a willing expert, and the owner of the business that makes the crossbow, should be very persuasive. Other than it being a beautifull piece of wood, it's clearly a cross bow stock.

Good Luck.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Hi5 wrote:What an unfortunate mix up.

The problem arises because of USA export laws. Firearms related stuff, with some exemptions, cannot be exported from the USA without a permit. The Customs folks on the US side jumped to the erroneous conclusion that this was a firearms part and made their seizure.

I'm a lawyer, but not a USA lawyer, so I don't know about procedures on the south side of the border. However, there MUST be a procedure for appealing the determination that the object seized was firearms related. That's got to be the starting point here. Win that argument and the authority to seize and to levy a "fine" disappears.

Find out the Appeal procedure so that the ruling that it was a firearm related part can be reviewed. Then it's a matter of evidence to offer, showing that it's not a gun stock but a cross bow stock. Photos of the item, with measurements, and an opinion by an expert, should carry the day. I'd bet that our host, Bill T would be a willing expert, and the owner of the business that makes the crossbow, should be very persuasive. Other than it being a beautifull piece of wood, it's clearly a cross bow stock.

Good Luck.
Good advise, get all your ducks in a row and hit them hard. Settle for nothing less than they send it to it's original destination.
agingcrossbower

Hi5 wrote:What an unfortunate mix up.

Thanks for the professional advice. Mike
Good Luck.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hi5 wrote:Find out the Appeal procedure so that the ruling that it was a firearm related part can be reviewed. Then it's a matter of evidence to offer, showing that it's not a gun stock but a cross bow stock. Photos of the item, with measurements, and an opinion by an expert, should carry the day. .
That's what we are in the process of completing. I never thought of getting an "expert opinion", but, I don't think it will be needed. From the information I've gotten, I doubt they have even looked at the stock. Aging is sending them information about the stock and pictures indicating the difference between a crossbow stock and a "Firearm Stock". He is also sending a picture of the Excalibur stock the he used as a model for the wooden stock. Listing web sites for referencing. We also have a email from a DDTC agent that clarifies that crossbow items are exempt.

The lady I talked to at U.S. Customs said that once they got the reply, then they would send a request to the field officers for verification and go from there.

Good luck Mike!

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen