Michigan baiting ban lifted

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deaf jeff

Re: Michigan baiting ban lifted

Post by Deaf jeff »

i am all for the ban being lifted, i have 3 foodplots(2 clover and one annual) on my 80 acres that have been there for years and the plots do not bring in the deer like a few apples and/or corn do. i am looking forward to actually seeing a deer within bow range this year because in the last 3 years when baiting has been banned i have see 2 deer within range :shock: .another reason i like the baiting being reinstated is because i am disabled and cannot go find the deer i must rely on trying to bring them to me.
the way i understood it the dnr was recommended by scientist to reinstate the baiting.i could be wrong and i am trying to find more info about the meeting last month to find out what the recommendations were exactly to cure my curiosity
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
badredbird

Re: Michigan baiting ban lifted

Post by badredbird »

lol im one of those guys who shoot 1000 yards bc , shot alot of 1000 yard matches , i agree any form of legal hunting should be acceptable also keeping in mind there are alot of people who dont care for those of us who hun t with xbows , which i think is silly, considering it doesnt make much of a difference to a deer how he gets whacked anyhow, end result is invariably the same , here in wv traditional archers keep sandbagging an xbow season , i dont tell them hiow to hunt they shouldnt be able to tell me , i also hun t with a recurve and a compound , but i love my xbow to each his own