Interesting time with Cops (Update on news)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: Interesting time with Cops

Post by wheelie »

strider23 wrote:If you tarred and feathered that whale it might pass for a goose. :lol: :lol: Nice picture, you should have asked the police officers to pose with you before they left.

By the way, are you a lefty?
yes I am a unfortunate lefty! Stuff is hard to find, and any guns are $100. more than righties
strider23

Post by strider23 »

I hear you brother...I'm in same the situation you are in. I was recently adjusting the trigger pull on a rifle that I upgraded a few years ago and I was thinking about that same $100 price difference. The original Remington 700 was about $100 more for left-hand. A custom made left-hand stock from McMillan cost extra $$. And finally the Jewell trigger I installed cost more cash.

That is one reason why I love my Excalibur, its ambidextrious right from the start :D :D :D
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good job wheelie!
Sounds like it was handled well at both ends.
Them fellas have to investigate every complaint and if they were told you were arrowing geese that would make it an issue they definately need to respond to.
Sweet carp too by the way!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

bugs wrote:Nice carp by the way, do you smoke them?
Sure can, send me your address and it will be on it's way! :) :) Can them for dog food for my three hounds is what I tell everyone. They think it is a wonderful idea! LOL
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

LOL Was listening to Owen Sound news in truck and a statement was released saying, " A gentleman is bowfishing with a bow and arrow in the Meaford harbour for carp which is a legal form of fishing. Do not call the Ontario provincial police. We repeat do not call the O.P.P. as it it is totally legal with what he is doing". LOL Though that's me. LMAO!
wheelie

Re: Interesting time with Cops (Update on news)

Post by wheelie »

bugs wrote:That is too funny! :lol: Amazing how one can get famous in a small town :wink:
Ya, I take it the police were getting flooded with calls. Talked to my friend on council and he is going to let me know if someone tries to sneak a bylaw though about bows inside town.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

wheelie wrote:LOL Was listening to Owen Sound news in truck and a statement was released saying, " A gentleman is bowfishing with a bow and arrow in the Meaford harbour for carp which is a legal form of fishing. Do not call the Ontario provincial police. We repeat do not call the O.P.P. as it it is totally legal with what he is doing". LOL Though that's me. LMAO!
Kevin - that is awesome! Funny, but GOOD!!! Education in any form is a benefit. :D

Go fish! :D :D :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's too dang funny!!
Next will be tv and radio interviews and then.....your own bowfishing tv show.
I'll be able to say "I knew you when". :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
OldSkool

Post by OldSkool »

Our township considers bows/crossbows as firearms and you may not discharge them in a settlement area. However one of the exceptions that allow you to discharge within settlement areas is for the purpose of bow fishing. This comes directly from our township bylaws website.

As the cops told Wheelie, he did his homework. It's not always easy to figure out the rules but the information is out there. With the amount of eyes we have on us, as outdoors people we need to make sure we all do our homework. No point in giving the anti's more ammunition.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Read regulations in 2011 fishing manual. It says bow and arrow including all longbows. i assume it is federal like geese and crossbows can't be used. I would not do it with a crossbow but it is something to try to get added to regulations.

They have it in our local paper as well that comes out on Wednesdays about it being legal. No name as they can't use my name because no laws were broken.
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Great story Kevin, I'm amazed you don't have a mess of ppl watching you fish that way, I love watching it on tv, I'm sure live would even be better! :lol: it must be a blast!
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
OldSkool

Post by OldSkool »

Crossbows are totally legal for use during Ontario's bowfishing season. The definition of bow and arrow in the regulations includes "all long bows and crossbows"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

bcmuledeer wrote:Great story Kevin, I'm amazed you don't have a mess of ppl watching you fish that way, I love watching it on tv, I'm sure live would even be better! :lol: it must be a blast!
Bill
Believe me I do have a ton of people around. I just put my bow down when people come because they all get excite and point at the fish then the fish takes off. Wish people would leave me alone. All the cars driving by slow right down watching and alot turn around and come back and talk to me about it. Do most of my bowfishing up the river away from people, just when new schools come into the harbour before heading up river. Glad the police put it to the media, cause you never know with the law and their book with 82 chapters if they could find something as a newsence law or impeading traffic or some darn thing just to get me out of eyesight of people.

Dropped off a letter to the Police Commission complementing them on the way they handled the situation with respect and professionalizm.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

OldSkool wrote:Crossbows are totally legal for use during Ontario's bowfishing season. The definition of bow and arrow in the regulations includes "all long bows and crossbows"
There you go. Thank you for that OldSkool. Two brains are better than one. :) :)