There is no honor among thieves

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: There is no honor among thieves

Post by wheelie »

I am on the other side unfortunatly. We had/have 5 Indian tugs move in and desimate our sportfishing. They say the are not part of any tribe so the treaties that are signed have nothing to do with them.

Town totally lost all is tourists because of no fish anymore and thats all we had.

Food for own consumption was not ment tug boats with gill nets.

Call them my friends though because they sell me cheap smokes! LOL

Not everyone agrees, thats what make this country great. We don't get beat or jailed for our opinion...............................YET!
Wildlife Control

Post by Wildlife Control »

I get what you're saying Mark and I enjoy your poetic thoughts. Some could fall on a bed of nails and still "miss the point" but you can't prevent that. I recently lost a camera and a feeder to some low life POS that get's his high from stealing other peoples gear. Hunting is SO MUCH more to me than taking an animal and having it ruined by a thief takes away far more than just the gear that is lost.

Genesis 9:1-3 says: "Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all of the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, now I give you everything."
Florida Nuisance Wildlife Trapper

Excalibur Equinox
Easton Firebolts Brass Inserts
NAP Spitfires

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's MUCH more important than that.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

"Native" is such a interesting concept... I grew up out west with Cree friends. I have dear friends here who claim native heritage.

My own blood heritage is Danish/Norwegian - I could say Viking. But I have no claim on my native land, traditions or beliefs.

My parents both lost family, health, land, goods and their youth during WWII - they were starved, shot at, mistreated, bombed out, robbed. They could never go back to claim any restitution. Its just not the way things are done.

Here we often see what I would call abuse of the rights of the natives - like Wheelie said, there are those who take advantage of the hunting and fishing for commercial gain with no respect for managing game for future generations. It's a sad reality that a few bad apples can affect the whole bushel.

By-the-way, some archeological and genetic evidence supports that that the people we consider to be indigenous here in North America were in fact newcomers that took over from a previous indigenous people.

There is evidence that the origins of some of the earliest peoples of North America were of European heritage, not necessarily the traditionally assumed Asian-related heritage.

This all make no difference to me - except to say that I feel that there is no one "heritage" that has any exclusive claim on hunting or "the right way". We ALL share a heritage that comes from living much closer to the wild-ness that most of us do now. It was survival. Each cultural group has their traditions and with each generation the traditions evolve.

Personally I won't turning to my heritage's ancient beliefs and calling on Ullr to help with the hunt!

I'll spend my time in the woods enjoying the presence of my Creator God in a way that I often can't in the distractions of everyday life. It's not mystical.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
the elf

Post by the elf »

Very very well said Vix !!!!!
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Having read the responses: to those whom grasped what seemed so clear to me - thanks for your kind words.

To the few others who for whatever reason failed to glean understanding - perhaps the failure is mine as I am the author of it. If I could not convey my thoughts in such a manner as to be better understood, then the blame rest upon my penmanship.

In my eyes, this was never about race nor heritage, it was about the unified culture of hunting which binds us all. I spoke from a Native American perspective because most here can associate with that. My other blood is Jew...not sure too many could draw a parallel with that LOL Notwithstanding, in reverence to my Jewish mother (who feels I squander my writing) I will stop same.

Some people who I had on my "friends" list no longer speak to me because of misconstruing of some of my post. Too often way too many forget this is a black & white two dimensional medium...and no matter how gifted I (or any) author is...we can never make it three dimensional with words alone. We do our best, try our damndest, but in the end they are but words open to interpretation.

I think when I respond to post in the future, I will use the "K.I.S.S. Principle".

Again, to those who understood. Many thanks :)

To those who did not - my apologies for my inadequacies. :oops:
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I can make no claim to any native american heritage...but from the kinship that bonds all who hunts god's creature's I completely understood your post.
Well said.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
rayman

Post by rayman »

I thought the original post was about trying to enjoy the outdoors and the experience of hunting while these jerks go around stealing people's stands, blinds, feeders, and so forth. :roll:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

bugs wrote:
wheelie wrote:I am on the other side unfortunatly. We had/have 5 Indian tugs move in and desimate our sportfishing. They say the are not part of any tribe so the treaties that are signed have nothing to do with them.

Town totally lost all is tourists because of no fish anymore and thats all we had.

Food for own consumption was not ment tug boats with gill nets.

Call them my friends though because they sell me cheap smokes! LOL

Not everyone agrees, thats what make this country great. We don't get beat or jailed for our opinion...............................YET!
But I know you dont really mean all Natives Wheelie, you are likely mad and venting (even the ones who dont sell smokes :lol: ). True Natives would also have an issue 5 tug boats of so called non tribal Natives doing such a thing. Just like the issues with the Six Nations land claims. All of the Natives agree with the land claims but most of them do not agree with the way things took place with the confrontations and many did not even live on Six Nations or like the other side many were not even from Haldimand. But sadly like any race there are the bad apples with no respect who make everyone look bad :(.
True :) :)