What do you think?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Walkin

Re: What do you think?

Post by Walkin »

Enjoyed reading those, Thx

You know what it is?...it's that I look at this Relayer and while I may not have shot any bolts through it as yet I've certainly felt the power behind the 200 pounds of pull when I've got that string coming up the rail with my hands; compared to the 65 lb PSE I used to shoot, this crossbow just plain feels like it's got a huge amount of power behind it; combine that with the steady release and a scope(yet to come) sitting on top and It is a COMPLETELY different deal than the bow I used to shoot. While I'm not going to let the target zone grow any because of all this it sure does make me think that a off hit if it every happened would stand a darn good chance of the bolt doing it's job.

Bottom line is that for now it's all "what does it feel like" it's going to do as opposed to "what it really does".

Man, I can hardly wait I tell you; I don't think I was this excited about heading out when I was still wondering what elk really do smell like when there's finally one just inches away from my nose.....
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

munch wrote:i still miss off sales we don't have that here .my bank was in Spirit River ]
I worked for tridale construction out of coldale .we did spend some time in fairview in the local watering holes .it was a great time .the 2 winters where about 81- 82 i took 2 buddys out there thinking we would get on the rigs but everything headed south .i worked snow removel a few days in red deer till we ran out of money then took a job milking cows on a farm just so i did not have to come home with my tail between my legs .funny to see all the 20 something mall rats hanging out down in the local malls peeling lottery tickets and waiting for there next gst check .i guess we had a little pride back then and did not expect hand outs .things have changed . that first time i headed west i had a train ticket to moose jaw and $20 in my pocket an a promise of a job if i made it to dunvagen
i made it there with help from a lot of great albertins and walked into the job site on a sunday night .told the forman i hear they where looking for help and he put me to work on the spot 7pm to 7 am 10 days in 5 days out ,i did good that summer i had no where to go so worked my 5 out for overtime
Funny I was out there at the same time worked at 105 & Jasper in Edmonton it was the Sun life building then not sure if it still is?I do remember Pilsner!! :lol: and having the sun shine up till midnight.
The best things in life are not things!!
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Welcome Walkin. You will love this bow. i would realy like to hear about your sheep hunts with a cross bow!
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Walkin

Post by Walkin »

Hello hikerman,

I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm seriously considering going into one of the northern most zones this fall on my first sheep hunt of the year; the opening day for that zone is usually around August 25; I haven't ever been up in that particular area even when I was an avid hunter up until 2000. Hopefully I'll be able to put together some photographs and a commentary so that I can share that hunt with you and some others on here.

All the best,
Joaquim