Not a good Friday (picture added by popular demand) LOL

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

Re: Not a good Friday (picture added by popular demand) LOL

Post by masboy »

looks like the hospital messed up and sewed a pecker on your hand I think I would have to open up the bandage and check if it were me!!!!
wheelie

Re: Not a good Friday

Post by wheelie »

vixenmaster wrote:Sorry to hear of the nasty thumb gash, hope you recover quickly with no trouble!
Already got told there is major nerve damage that can't be repaired.

Went to pickup sheet metal for a big home on Blue Mountain. Was 25 x10x 6 feet long. Put it in back of pickup and held it back with my hand. When I slambed up the gate the tin slipped back and my thumb was between the raw edge of the tin and the tailgate. Was not a pretty site. got paper towel and duct tape out of truck and taped it as tight as I could and rapped a big towel around my hand and headed strait for hospital. Had to pull over twice as I got so light headed and felt like I was floating off the seat. Made it to the hospital emergency and laid on the floor and said, "I need help." By then it soaked right through the towel.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

WOW!! You just earned a name change.

Wheelie aka "the hitchhiker"

Was there tendon damage as well? I only had a small cut on the top of my thumb but managed to nick a tendon.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
frisky

Post by frisky »

Take care and heal up fast. Stuff happens. Hope that wasn't the thumb that you flick the "safety" off with. :(
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
munch

Post by munch »

wheelie wrote:a BIG thumbs up to all the well wishers!
Under very strick orders. Can't open it or move it till I go back to hospital Sunday. Guess my hockey season is over. Notified team they need a new goalie.
thatill learn yea bet it woke you up. did you ask the most important question.( am i still going to be able to shot my bow ) hope it turns out all right kevin .this sucks being self employed and layed up.
the only good thing i see it the whole thing is that finger looks much better than the one you normally hold up for me .looks like your saying your ok munch
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

lscha wrote:OUCH!! I hope you feel better soon.
Hi isha love your new avatar :D

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

All is good Munch. Hired a licenced tin and gas guy that is laid off and is going to do my work for me till i am able and I will be a truck runner for him. It will be good and won't skip a beat work wise. Missing to fingers on my right hand, don't plan to lose more. LOL

Thanks to everyone also. I appeciate the humor and get wells on a painful night.
munch

Post by munch »

kevin i hope some joking does make it feel better your lucky you did not loose it .
heres a story to cheer you up.way way back about 1982 i was out in Edmonton looking for work with some freinds .i was driving and x opp cruiser 1974 plymounth fury 4 door .we spent the night bar hopping and where staying in a motel there where about 5 or 6 of us a little liquored up by the time we got back to the motel we all piled out and slammed the doors heading in to crash but one of the guys just stood leaning against the car moaning and groaning and trying to talk but he couldn't we where starting to think he was having a seizure and we where asking each other whats he saying whats he want. come to find out as he got out he was holding onto the center post between the two doors when they got slammed shut.when we finally figured it out we opened the doors and he dropped like a rock and passed out from the pain. so like all good drunk freinds we looked at each other and said dam that must have hurt maybe we better take him inside so he don't freeze it was like -35 we dumped he on the floor and all passed out for the night .never crossed our mind we needed a doctor :mrgreen:
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
bugs

Post by bugs »

I didnt know it was possible to fit 27 stitches on a thumb :shock: :wink: Hope you heal up soon. Those stupid little exercises once they tell you it is okay will help keep future movement so do them. & next time get a ride to the ER, you are reminding me of my Grandmother closing her head in the door and driving herself to the hospital with her head bleeding!
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

OK wheelie, you win even if I can't see the damage. I lose, and you win. Congrats. Take her easy and let that puppy heal.
roly

Post by roly »

Hope it heals quickly, with no probs

I bet Don Cherry thinks it looks good.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

bugs wrote:I didnt know it was possible to fit 27 stitches on a thumb :shock: :wink:
Only when you split it down the middle from the tip to the bottom of the thumb i suppose.

Almost 1 am in the morning now. Ussually asleep by 9pm LOL Going to be a rough night. Should have maybe got the pain pills the doctor was going to give me. Didn't hurt when it was frozen. LOL And no, can't drink either cause it thins the blood and doctor told me I am at risk of losing it. So I certainly ain't going to risk it!
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Man, you guys make me feel right at home here, I dropped a 50 lb lead bar on my baby toe in the summer and all but severed it! I thought I was the only to do stuff like this! :shock:

Take good care of that thumb Wabi, hopefully you're right handed too, usually when it starts to feel back to normal, you'll do something that will remind you, it's not 100% yet! :roll:

I had to wear this for 2 months
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

wheelie wrote:All is good Munch. Hired a licenced tin and gas guy that is laid off and is going to do my work for me till i am able and I will be a truck runner for him. It will be good and won't skip a beat work wise. Missing to fingers on my right hand, don't plan to lose more. LOL

Thanks to everyone also. I appeciate the humor and get wells on a painful night.

Ya, you don't want to lose anymore if you don't have too. My dad lopped off a couple toes a few years back with a lawnmower and took his thumb off with a table saw last year. He's is an easy target now for all my dumb jokes. :lol:

Good to hear you have help keeping the business going until your back in the saddle again.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

We wish you a speedy recovery Wheelie!
Hoagy