Bowtech Styrkezone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big58cal

Re: Bowtech Styrkezone

Post by Big58cal »

From what I've heard, IF, by some reason of insanity, someone is by some chance foolish enough to get a crossbow other than an Excalibur, TenPoint would be the one to get. :wink: I've heard good things about them and they seem to have the fewest amount of issues......... other than Excalibur that is. :mrgreen:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Big58cal almost spilled my beer in the keyboard when I seen your post :lol: :lol: That was GOOD! My Relayer is here to stay just looking for another toy . Ilike the idea of the 350 and a 135# draw weight narrow as well would be god for my ground blind . Have also been looking at a the Darton SerpentLTD good speed great trigger and pretty quiet .

The 135 # draw weight would be nice for 2nd shoots from a tree stand I am getting too old to reload from the stand :(
Boo

Post by Boo »

Look towards the Great Lakes/ Darton products.
I have a couple of compound bows hanging on the wall. They both need a wee bit of work. Nothing big. But it pisses me off that compound bows are like that. A small issue hangs up the bow!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Big58cal wrote:From what I've heard, IF, by some reason of insanity, someone is by some chance foolish enough to get a crossbow other than an Excalibur, TenPoint would be the one to get. :wink: I've heard good things about them and they seem to have the fewest amount of issues......... other than Excalibur that is. :mrgreen:
X2
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I believe in the K.I.S.S. principle.

Keep It Simple Stupid

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It don't get much simpler and easier than an Excalibur. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

It seems Moon on Archery Talk likes his SZ350 with135lb limbs, but he also has several different crossbows including an Excalibur. There are a lot of posts about the SZ350 and the SZ380 on Archery Talk some are good but most of them are opinions of course. It seems that the people that can afford a backup crossbow also has an Excalibur, that should tell everyone something. Here in N.C. the SZ350 isn't legal because we a 150 lb weight mininum on crossbows. If you can afford another crossbow and you want one of these everyone advises to buy from Wyvern Creations because he will stand behind the warranty work for you if something goes wrong.

One of the archery shops I go to sell the SZ380 and he says he recommends changing the strings and cables every year so you don't have any problems with timing issues.

In my opinion thats another reason to just buy another Excalibur and not have to worry about anything. Good luck with your decision
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads