O/T - .454 Casull

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ONEOFAKIND

Re: O/T - .454 Casull

Post by ONEOFAKIND »

My first photo posted. Next is my avitar. This is my 454 with the Jack Weigand mountImage
Exocet 200, Groundpounder mount, Lumizone, Ruger super redhawk 454 casull
Big58cal

Re: O/T - .454 Casull

Post by Big58cal »

I already know that when it comes to glass, you get what you pay for. I was looking to get something along the lines of a 2X Leupold to mount on it. I've also heard some good things about the Burris pistol scopes, so I may give them a look also.

Last year for gun season, I took a little .45 Colt carbine rifle. Since most factory .45 Colt ammo is loaded pretty light, I kept looking around trying to find something with a little more "oommph" to it. :wink: Shooting it out of a modern rifle, I new it wouldn't be an issue, so I finally found some .45 Long Colt Corbon Hunter 300gr. +P JSP Ammo. I had the rifle sighted in at 50 yds with 240 grain loads I think. Shot the 300 gr. +P loads and they were about a 1/2" higher at 50 yds. :D They definitely laid the smack down on the deer I shot with them. :wink:

Just a quick look at Ammo To Go, I found some interesting ones that I want to try:

Federal Vital-Shok 250gr. Barnes Expander HP Ammo - I've had good luck with the Barnes Expander bullets out of my muzzleloader. May have to see what they'll do out of 'the beast'.
Winchester 260gr. Supreme Elite Dual Bond HP Ammo
Winchester 260gr. Platinum Tip Hollow Point
Hornady 300gr. XTP Hollow Point Ammo - You can never go wrong with the Hornady XTP bullets.

Still got plenty of time to play with it before November though. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.