Just got off phone with MNR.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: Just got off phone with MNR.

Post by wheelie »

If you read my first post, I called MNR about bowfishing suckers in the Bighead river even though river is closed for trout. They gave me the ok. Went out Saturday for suckers. MNR from Owen Sound phoned me Tuesday morning and asked if it was me. I said yes. He said thank you for being honest. They are having a big meeting about finding out who it was and having them charged. Conservation officer said no, as he knows who it was and he is in contact with me weekly and he believes someone would have gave him permission to do so. He called me from the meeting. We talked about it and told them who gave me the ok even though the river is closed for trout. They got the recorded phone call and all is well. Now they say you can't bowfish for suckers in a closed river for trout. I am filing a letter to get the regulation that says I can't because they could find anything on my phone meeting about it at the time.

I asked them how we are to follow rules when they don't even have any to follow. They agreed with me that bowfishing is very wishy washy. I asked them how a town could set a bylaw for no bowfishing when the harbour is federal waters. They also said we don't know how it works so all we can say is "no it is not allowed".

Whole thing is crazy. Hard to get rulings by myself as a single person. I now have Jermey's pager number, cell phone and office number so I can always get in contact for local rulings immediately for what they are worth. LOL
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

OldSkool wrote:For what its worth you can still hunt frogs with a crossbow :D
Till you get a Conservation officer that likes frogs or doesn't know if it is allowed or not! Then you will get a "no it is not allowed". LOL
masboy

Post by masboy »

I feel sorry for you guys up there what a crazy world!!!! down here where I live we can do pretty much what we want without much hassle. reminds me of my two cousins big old boys and half crazy were fishing along the river and had no fishing licence and a warden came up behind them and said I know you boys don,t have a licence what would you do if a warden came along and dick said we would throw his ass in the river and the guy turned around and left.good thing he did cause old dick meant it. I remember when I was at there house when I was young and old dick was sitting at the spam table spinning the cylinder around on his handgun saying the cops will never take me alive . I left in a hurry!!!!!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

masboy wrote:I feel sorry for you guys up there what a crazy world!!!!

old dick was sitting at the spam table spinning the cylinder around on his handgun saying the cops will never take me alive . I left in a hurry!!!!!
Our world is crazy eh? :shock:
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string