Golf carts?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rayman

Re: Golf carts?

Post by rayman »

I have an ATV that I use for work and I almost always take it with me hunting. Fits easily in the back of the truck - no trailer. It is extremely versatile but not good for passengers or for a lot of payload. I have a small cart that I attach sometimes for carrying around stuff like corn or my eight year old.

Lots of buggies out there. The best for hunting I have seen was a gas operated EZ-Go that a buddy used to have.

Hope this is helpful.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It's all been great info guys, thanks.
I like the thought of electric for the quietness of the car, but stealth was not what I was after. I (we) wanted one that can be driven long distance and had some room for modifications.
This is the one we chose, gas powered Club Car, needs a minor lift, better tires and a back seat. But, it's a start.
Wife say's, "6 cup holders in the front, they must know you". :D

Flip down seat, available everywhere so all 5 of us can fit, dog too.

This is our goal, minus the shiny rims.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Its even got Richard Petty's number on it!!!
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Looks interesting and a real change up from a regular atv.
Keep us posted on how this works out for you.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's gonna be sweet Pyd! The flip down rear seat is a great idea. Haul people or haul gear & deer...your choice!! Will you buy a kit to lift it or do the mods yourself?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I think we are going to build it all ourselves, except the seat, have to buy that one.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

That looks GREAT! I still like the stealth of a electric one but I am a novice so what would I know. Sure there are pitfulls to the electric that I do not know about. The problem I have is the trail I would be going on is a wet swamp 4x4 trail whlich is great during the dry months and then all hell break loose when it get wet. The youth and old idiots rut the heck out of it and it is worth less until the root system recovers. VERY, VERY, hard to change peoples minds on 4x4's and tearing up horsepower. Dumbasses. If they could stay off of the trail when its wet everything would be fine but NO, they have to tear there way through it anyway they can. Its a mess. :(
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Pydpiper wrote:I think we are going to build it all ourselves, except the seat, have to buy that one.
Nice! That will be more fun and more gratifying in the end too. Have fun. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Typically on Fathers day we spend the day on lake Erie, this year we stayed home and spent it in the shop. Kids trampoline has seen it's last bounce, so we recycled it and made a rear seat for the golf cart!
Jenn made the seat cushion and upholstery while the kids and I cut and welded. I am bringing it in to get done with the proper marine material, but for now, we all fit very comfortably! Dodged a $600 seat for the price of some welding rods and beer. Turns out the more I drink, the better I weld.
Lopped the old roof support off and replaced it with some pretty sturdy Galvanized, just need to make the foot rest, almost had to use the existing trailer hitch to connect everything, but son insisted we keep the hitch functioning.
Just bought the steel for the armrests and cup-holders, then I just may ship it off to get painted properly.
Kids are very happy!

WMU 91
Boo string
Normous

Post by Normous »

It is Hunters birthday this week.
Happy Birthday from Norman and Patti.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

Very cool Pyd!!
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Wish I could make steel do that. Very talented you are. Should work great!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Looking good Pyd and nice savin' $600 making the seat yourself. That's always a bonus. :)

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I saw a hybrid gas/electric which is what I would choose because I know will gas will have the power and electric the stealth capability.

F
excalibrett

Post by excalibrett »

Here is my "golf cart". It is a 2008 Polaris Ranger Crew. I bought it new and modified it a little bit to make it street legal here in Michigan. After much work and a couple months of headaches with licensing and insurance companies, my job was complete. As you can see, it is a favorite with the kids and adults. Four years and almost 5000 miles later, it is still as good as new. :D

Excal Matrix 380
Leupold VX1 2-7x32
Black Eagles
Boo Strings
custom Munchmount

Strykezone 380
Hawke xb30
Black Eagles

Darton Lightning
Hawke xb30
Gold Tip Laser IVs