Shipping in Canada and into the US

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Shipping in Canada and into the US

Post by Boo »

Bullzeye wrote:Okay Don, here is a comparison for you. I went to ship my C2 crank out for repair today and since both the post office and Fed ex are in the same mall I was able to compare prices.
My parcel weighed just shy of 2 Lbs, measured 12in x 7in x 7in and with next day delivery and $200 insurance Canada Post was $15.72 and Fed Ex was $17.72
With only a $2.16 difference in price guess which one I used to ship my package. :wink:
FedEx, because you know it will arrive and in short order!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I don't get anything shipped to Canada anymore.
Most places ship for free in the USA,so I get it shipped to a US address and it costs me $5.00
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I got ya beat, I do the same as you but at only $3 :lol:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm just under an hour to the border and I use a freight forwarder thats a one minute drive after the border and they charge $3 a box and will hold it for a few weeks if need be.

But for items I do ship out I will no longer be using CP now that I see there is hardly a difference in price between CP and Fed Ex
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
wabi

Post by wabi »

And I thought the USPS was bad. :shock:
The most reliable service here in the USA seems to be FedEx at this point in time.
But........
They sometimes let packages sit in a sort facility for a few days. :(

My recent experiences -
USPS -
*shipped a package from home (Ohio) to Florida and it got lost in Iowa for 3 weeks (how did it get to Iowa?)
*ordered a package from Pennsylvania to be shipped to me in Ohio and it went through a sort facility Florida! :shock: :roll:
*had a package that was to be delivered to me yesterday and it was out for delivery in a city 40 miles away? (they got it re-routed and I should have it today)

UPS -
Ordered a new fly rod and when the UPS driver delivered it he had me check the contents before I signed for it. The triangular cardboard shipping tube was ripped on two sides in about the center (of it's length) letting the tube "hinge" (on the remaining one side of the carton) in the center, and that "hinge" was about worn out. Amazingly the rod survived! :shock: :D

FedEx-
Had a package sit in a sort facility 60 miles away for 5 days, but it DID arrive on the scheduled (FedEx's schedule) delivery date in fine condition.

Now I'm sweating the delivery of the knife I just bought from Darrel (DaGriz). It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but it's hard to tell where USPS will try to deliver it to with the way they have been shipping lately. :roll: :lol: :lol:

edited to add:
Amazingly I have recently purchased 2 shipments of fly tying material from a seller in British Columbia (Canada to the USA) and both have arrived sooner than expected and in fine condition!
wabi
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

wabi wrote: Now I'm sweating the delivery of the knife I just bought from Darrel (DaGriz). It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but it's hard to tell where USPS will try to deliver it to with the way they have been shipping lately. :roll: :lol: :lol:

You do know what day it is tomorrow don't you?? :roll: 8)
Another FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"