anti crossbow remark from a fishing forum

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: anti crossbow remark from a fishing forum

Post by one shot scott »

There's lot of chest thumpers out there. I try to ignore them. They are only trying to make themselves feel good for putting someone else down. That says alot about someone's character. The only times I speak up (like you did) is when they have an audience and they try to spread their stupid around to others. Good work
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

As long as its legal, and it gets people into the woods, and even better if it attracts new people to the sport, its a GOOD thing. Hunting over my way has been lost on the young, so if cross bow hunting attracts new hunters that fantastic.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
strum

Post by strum »

Wabi, i just read your post about "joe hunter"
thank you for posting that. your right it is a must read and it drives home the fact that we all are representatives of our sport..
And our conduct should alway refelect the positives of it..
The last thing we need is to become cannibles and eat our own..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
birddog10

Post by birddog10 »

Masboy wrote:fishings fishing and huntings hunting no matter what you use or how you use it.I use about everything and enjoy it all !!! I never care much about what other people think of what I do (just have fun and enjoy!!!)
Agreed. My wife once harvested a deer with our car. Still tasted the same, although a bit more expensive.
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

a Compound bow is a traditional bow, with wheels...
a traditional bow is a compound bow without wheels...
a crossbow is a compound (or traditional) with a stock...

all sling arrows, all be archery!

haters will be haters....
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
rayman

Post by rayman »

Not many people fly fish around my neck of the woods, but there are people who boast about only fishing with artificial lures. Artificial is great and I'm all down with it, but I'm not going to sit there with my son looking stupid when we could be filling up the box on natural baits. But if someone wants to use artificial all the time, hat's off to them.

As for the anti-crossbow thing, yea there's pleny of that around here. I wasn't really into hanging out at the bow shops anyway.
one shot scott wrote:There's lot of chest thumpers out there. I try to ignore them. They are only trying to make themselves feel good for putting someone else down. That says alot about someone's character.
Right on Neil. :)
TPM

Post by TPM »

I think the guy is a bit ignorant with his crossbow comments but I really have no issue with his fly fishing comments. First and foremost he’s on a fly fishing forum. Dedicated forums of any kind, even this one, are there for the dedicated. The regular members are usually pretty defined and refined in what they do and want to pursue their passion to the limit. If you go on a Ferrari owners forum and ask about putting a roof rack on your Testarossa to hold your camping gear don’t expect many positive responses. Same goes for the dedicated fly fisherman. It’s more about the pursuit and the fly on the end of your line than it is about the rest of the gear. Much like shooting traditional bows there is a certain purity to the sport of fly fishing and that’s what draws a lot of people, myself included, to it. If you want to throw a hook and a worm on the end of your fly line all the power to ya, I personally have no issue with that, but don’t go on a fly fishing forum to talk about it and expect warm fuzzy responses. That's not the type of people who frequent those forums.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Very good posts here Wabi! Thanks for sharing them.
Why ride when you can walk!